Inclement weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it did.
Thanks for the offer! PSO updated around 10pm and said tomorrow midday possibly, so we hauled a bunch of freezer stuff to my in laws house thats on Northfork power system. Probably get woke up after while if it comes back on, be a good reason at least vs my usual random wake ups at night for no reason!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think we've gone 3, 5, 10 and 11 days due to ice before but no more than a couple hours due to storms or wind. My uncle went 23 or 24 due to ice in the 2000's. He lived in the County Line/Coffee Creek area at the time. Cimarron Electric. Regardless, I'll take all those cold weather outages over summer time outages. Hot and humid living sucks.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we've gone 3, 5, 10 and 11 days due to ice before but no more than a couple hours due to storms or wind. My uncle went 23 or 24 due to ice in the 2000's. He lived in the County Line/Coffee Creek area at the time. Cimarron Electric. Regardless, I'll take all those cold weather outages over summer time outages. Hot and humid living sucks.
I agree with that last part. We were out for 26 hours due to ice a few years ago; cranked up the NG heaters and put out fridge stuff on the porch in a cooler and did just fine. We got our power back this morning at 5 on the dot, so almost 12 hours last night, not too bad.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Day 6!

IMG_7504.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom