Does it get any better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you're off the hook anyway. I'm gonna have my friend John (Deere) help me move the safes and other heavy stuff. John doesn't drink bourbon...he drinks a little of the hard stuff.

You can still stop in any time you're in the neighborhood.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When your wife mowed the yard yesterday.
The cleaning lady cleaned the house.
The dogs have been walked.
There is a piece of Railyard Pie chocolate pie in the fridge.
You're getting ready for cooler temps and especially for hunting season to arrive.
You have a new revolver to shoot.

It's like a perfect storm of goodnidity.
Knock on wood and don't turn on any news I guess.
Wish things were going that well for me, but I'm happy to hear that they are for you! :thumb:

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can always PM you the address if you get thirsty. Besides...you can help me move all the heavy stuff from the old shop to the new.

But we don't drink until AFTER we've moved everything. At least all of my stuff...don't really care about the wife's crap.
I was just at the Buffalo Trace distillery they were emptying and bottling 25 year pappi van winkle

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When your wife mowed the yard yesterday.
The cleaning lady cleaned the house.
The dogs have been walked.
There is a piece of Railyard Pie chocolate pie in the fridge.
You're getting ready for cooler temps and especially for hunting season to arrive.
You have a new revolver to shoot.

It's like a perfect storm of goodnidity.
Knock on wood and don't turn on any news I guess.
I think all is well in your hood. :hey3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can always PM you the address if you get thirsty. Besides...you can help me move all the heavy stuff from the old shop to the new.

But we don't drink until AFTER we've moved everything. At least all of my stuff...don't really care about the wife's crap.
I got a few volunteers back in the day to help roof my home. (I had helped everyone of them to roof theirs) Told them a keg of beer and a ribeye steak dinner was the reward at the end of the day.
By the time we ripped off three layers of asphalt shingles, put down the underlayment and shingles, it was evening, and they all declined the beer and steak preferring to go home and lick their wounds.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a few volunteers back in the day to help roof my home. (I had helped everyone of them to roof theirs) Told them a keg of beer and a ribeye steak dinner was the reward at the end of the day.
By the time we ripped off three layers of asphalt shingles, put down the underlayment and shingles, it was evening, and they all declined the beer and steak preferring to go home and lick their wounds.

Screw that. I'da stayed for the steak and beer. You're gonna feed me after a day like that! I don't care how tired I am.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our house burned down in '84. Had it cleaned off, framed and dried in. Decided to finish it out myself.

Had 3 friends come over to help hang sheetrock. That evening we went to a local restaurant that had All-You-Can-Eat shrimp dinners. The 4 of us, plus wives. The owner came out and asked us to leave. He wasn't happy, but our waitress was.

Today, yard needs mowing. House isn't perfect. I want to go fishing. It is still HOT. Wif is still not well enough to get in and out of boat, or do much. But, she is still with me. Could be MUCH worse. I'll take what I can, one day at a time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom