No power...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
....so you slept in....

Yeah, sorry mom. I missed breakfast. :sorry4:

Got power restored around 11am. Our house sits in the middle of 5 acres which is kinda like a cul de sac of trees on the east, south and west sides, along with a double row of pines in the front yard.

Spent the rest of the day cleaning up. We lost about 4 or 5 pine trees, about 10-12 inches in diameter along with a huge sycamore on the west side, that was split from a lightning strike years ago. It probably measured around 18-20 inches across.

Tomorrow I'll be picking up the 1.6 million pinecones that are still covering the yard, as well as an entire forest of little twigs. Yay me! :rolleyes2

Thanks for everyone's concern. :thanku:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Got power restored around 11am. Our house sits in the middle of 5 acres which is kinda like a cul de sac of trees on the east, south and west sides, along with a double row of pines in the front yard.

Spent the rest of the day cleaning up. We lost about 4 or 5 pine trees, about 10-12 inches in diameter along with a huge sycamore on the west side, that was split from a lightning strike years ago. It probably measured around 18-20 inches across.

Tomorrow I'll be picking up the 1.6 million pinecones that are still covering the yard, as well as an entire forest of little twigs. Yay me! :rolleyes2

That bending your ass over is going to be good for ya! Assholes and Elbows at Evans hacienda!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

‘Glad you’re OK! If you can salvage the trunk of the sycamore, you can get some pretty nice lumber out of it. Almost as soft as pine, but it can have pretty striking grain and figuring.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks, ours was out from about 2130 to 0700 lol. Lightening hit our transformer and had to wait for a new one. Makes for a long boring night lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom