Interest in finishing your own AR Lower Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leviathan

Marksman
Reaction score
Who, if any, would be interested in completing their own AR lower from an 80% forging. We also have the ability to do custom laser engraving on anything you finish yourself. There will of course, be expert machinists on hand to help you complete your lower onsite if we do this.

please note: just gauging interest in this, this is not a solicitation in any way shape or form. just to get a general consensus to see how many people would be interested and if it's worth my time to make this happen for members.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to know prices before I could commit. However I am interested. Would you provide the 80% or would we have to find one? I think this needs to be in the general discussion not in the for sale area.

leviathan

Marksman
Reaction score
1. IF we do this, we will provide the 80% lowers.
2. this IS the general discussion area. ;) [EDIT] well, this WAS in the general area. *thanks mods*
3. gauging around $150 for a 80% lower, and $75 to finish on site, and options (like laser engraving would be extra of course.)

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would these be anodized or painted or... Any type of finish planned for these? I'm interested, just checking to see what all is included...

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I been looking at doing something like that for some time. Going to class now for CNC mill, and fixing to get a mill put in at the house very soon.

Now I am sure I will not be a part of this class, just because I am in Claremore and Tulsa area but I would like to know..

How would you be doing the other 20%? Will it be on CNC, or a old Bridgeport?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have my attention. I would also like to second the question of surface finishing. Would hard coat anodizing be available or is that something we would have to provide ourselves?

Latest posts

Top Bottom