Interesting History on My Property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to talk a bit with one of the drivers, a 40-something guy, that delivered gravel to my place yesterday...nice guy who grew up right around here.

He asked me the usual questions...how long have you lived here, etc... He pointed to a corner of the pasture and said he was just a young kid when he fell in the creek right by that corner of the fence and landed on piece of glass. He had a massive scar on his wrist and said he almost bled to death before he got help. He talked about riding bikes with his friends, later dirt bikes, all over the property and camping in the woods behind the house.

Then he walked a few feet to a particular spot in the driveway and said he got into the worst fight of his life right on that spot when he was 18. He said he was fond of a lady that used to live in the old house that was on the place (bulldozed about 6 years ago...long before we got here). He'd been over to her place "visiting" when the older brother of the guy who owns the property that borders us on the north happened to stop by. Seems he wanted to "visit" as well since this lady was his girlfriend. The two of 'em started fighting and the second guy eventually pulled a big knife and stabbed by truck driver in the abdomen. My driver walked over to his truck and got an old, beat up revolver and took a shot at the neighbor's brother, but missed. He only had one round in the revolver...all the others had been fired and he didn't have any more ammo. He said that probably kept him out of prison.

Then he said he didn't know why he had such happy memories of the place because everything here had tried to kill him over the years.

Kinda makes me wonder what else has happened in the past at other places where I've lived.
I hated history in school, now that I'm old, not forced to read it, I love it! Just think of how much real history has been lost to time, and the history we know, has been retold so many times, it would be unrecognizable, from the truth! I got a book for Christmas, titled " Images of America, Tulsa, Oil Capital of the World." This is mainly made up of photos, and related stories, of different oil fields, and boom towns, in the NE Oklahoma area! Most of the photos, are made up of old post cards sent home by oil field workers. Photos of whole oil fields, and tank farms on fire, a that burned half the building in these boom towns, Boom town names, like Drumright, the only boom town in a group of boom towns, that ended in right, such as Justright, Aboutright, Damrighht, and several others I can't remember!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a guy come out to my house to pick up something and he said his grandparents used to own many acres-a farm where my house sits. But I think that is the way things re these days, most places were a farm by history, sold and resold and then sold to a developer who put tract houses ont he property.
I need to pull out my abstract and see the history of the property.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The original sale of my place in Olustee...

Abstract.jpg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to talk a bit with one of the drivers, a 40-something guy, that delivered gravel to my place yesterday...nice guy who grew up right around here.

He asked me the usual questions...how long have you lived here, etc... He pointed to a corner of the pasture and said he was just a young kid when he fell in the creek right by that corner of the fence and landed on piece of glass. He had a massive scar on his wrist and said he almost bled to death before he got help. He talked about riding bikes with his friends, later dirt bikes, all over the property and camping in the woods behind the house.

Then he walked a few feet to a particular spot in the driveway and said he got into the worst fight of his life right on that spot when he was 18. He said he was fond of a lady that used to live in the old house that was on the place (bulldozed about 6 years ago...long before we got here). He'd been over to her place "visiting" when the older brother of the guy who owns the property that borders us on the north happened to stop by. Seems he wanted to "visit" as well since this lady was his girlfriend. The two of 'em started fighting and the second guy eventually pulled a big knife and stabbed by truck driver in the abdomen. My driver walked over to his truck and got an old, beat up revolver and took a shot at the neighbor's brother, but missed. He only had one round in the revolver...all the others had been fired and he didn't have any more ammo. He said that probably kept him out of prison.

Then he said he didn't know why he had such happy memories of the place because everything here had tried to kill him over the years.

Kinda makes me wonder what else has happened in the past at other places where I've lived.
Yep small world told my x the other day glad the kids only know 1/2 the stuff we did.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The house we lived in for 3+ years in Stillwater was the site of a double homicide . . .
Yea great similar thing here..I rented the house im in now and every time I would get near the fridge and stove id smell the hint of gas so i pulled it to soap test and found a .45 slug with plaster residue on it..so I kept it and one day had the landlord’s son bring me a new toilet so i could install I said o yeah i found a .45 slug under the stove and he said really can I have it well i said sure. Come to find out while his dad was living here remodeling he was sleeping with a newly divorced lady. Well her x husband showed up on the porch my landlord opened the door and he shot him 11 times!!!! Then ran up to Walmart to kill his self but chickened out that’s where the cops arrested him. And yes my landlord is still alive. (Sorry about writing a big book).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom