Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedracer

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey guys I am here in edmond and I was trying to find a place to sell my gun locally.. I have a TEC-22 and I am going to list it in the classifieds..... Nice to meet you all.... See ya at the range

foxtrot429

New to the site!
Reaction score
Just found the site, had several referrals

Located in Ponca City, do custom paintwork and restorations. Gun enthusiast, born and bred, but far from dedicated compared to alot of members on this site.

K

hvlp6347

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to OK shooters, I reload and try to shoot as much as I can. I'm trying to find out more about the I.C.O.R.E. and other revolver shooting events in the OKC area and thinking I'd like to get into the IPSC and IDPA things as well. Are there any sub-gun competetions around?

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to OK shooters, I reload and try to shoot as much as I can. I'm trying to find out more about the I.C.O.R.E. and other revolver shooting events in the OKC area and thinking I'd like to get into the IPSC and IDPA things as well. Are there any sub-gun competetions around?

Just found the site, had several referrals

Located in Ponca City, do custom paintwork and restorations. Gun enthusiast, born and bred, but far from dedicated compared to alot of members on this site.

K

Hey guys I am here in edmond and I was trying to find a place to sell my gun locally.. I have a TEC-22 and I am going to list it in the classifieds..... Nice to meet you all.... See ya at the range

New to the forum. Interested in learning more about ccw & self defense training.

Welcome to the forum everyone, we hope yall enjoy your stay. Make sure you read the forum rules and you will be fine, and have thick skin cause some people here can be a$$holes

fmf_corpsman

New to the site!
Reaction score
Good Evening,

Just stopping in to say hello and introduce myself. I am originally from SE OK but am stationed up in Great Lakes. Looking forward to getting alot of good advice.

Good morning,

I apologize if this has been covered previously.

I was born and raised in Oklahoma and I am currently active duty Navy stationed outside the state. I maintain my license, and insurance in Ok and paid taxes to the state of Ok prior to them exempting AD military. When I go on leave I return to Ok for 30 days a calendar year.

I say all of that because I called OSBI earlier this morning regarding my CCW to ensure there were no issues or complications and was informed that due to the fact that I don't "physically" reside in the state that I do not qualify. I explained to her that the sheriffs office in the county I maintain my residency in had verified the package and saw no problems with it. She told me that the sheriff's office was not reading the SDA, and proceeded to read the eligibility section to me.

When she finished reading it I asked her if it says anywhere a requirement for how many days you have to reside. I explained to her that I technically reside there 30 days out of a calendar year, and told her my drivers license and insurance are out of Oklahoma. She explain to me that they are not allowed to interpret the law.

I read the SDA and it does not say a minimum amount of time that you have to "reside".

Please do not take this as me bashing OSBI or any one particular individual, I am simply trying to figure out how best to approach this.

I am hoping someone can give me some insight into the situation.

Thank You in advance,

After some thought, I realized that the question that I posted earlier should possibly be posted in this section. I apologize for multiple post's.

Good morning,

I apologize if this has been covered previously.

I was born and raised in Oklahoma and I am currently active duty Navy stationed outside the state. I maintain my license, and insurance in Ok and paid taxes to the state of Ok prior to them exempting AD military. When I go on leave I return to Ok for 30 days a calendar year. I also vote in the state of Oklahoma.

I say all of that because I called OSBI earlier this morning regarding my CCW to ensure there were no issues or complications and was informed that due to the fact that I don't "physically" reside in the state that I do not qualify. I explained to her that the sheriffs office in the county I maintain my residency in had verified the package and saw no problems with it. She told me that the sheriff's office was not reading the SDA, and proceeded to read the eligibility section to me.

When she finished reading it I asked her if it says anywhere a requirement for how many days you have to reside. I explained to her that I technically reside there 30 days out of a calendar year, and told her my drivers license and insurance are out of Oklahoma. She explain to me that they are not allowed to interpret the law.

I read the SDA and it does not say a minimum amount of time that you have to "reside".

Please do not take this as me bashing OSBI or any one particular individual, I am simply trying to figure out how best to approach this.

I am hoping someone can give me some insight into the situation.

Thank You in advance,

I can't answer either, it seems ambiguous at to what it means to "physically reside" in OK. Do you pay OK income taxes or any property taxes here? I wonder if that would hold any weight.

Sam,

Up until this year(Apr 2010) since 1997 I paid state income tax, Oklahoma SB 881 exempted military on active duty, and/or military on orders activated from paying income tax on earnings.

I went to the Oklahoma Tax Commission website http://www.tax.ok.gov/faq/faqitm52.html and found the following. As per the verbage from the website it clearly states that I am a resident, I am just extremely confused over "resides".

"I am an Oklahoma resident, but not stationed in Oklahoma.
Am I required to file an Oklahoma income tax return?

Yes, as an Oklahoma resident, you are required to file an Oklahoma return, and be taxed on any income from interest, dividends, salaries, commissions and other pay for personal services regardless of where are you are stationed.

Whenever the filing of a timely income tax return by a member of the Armed Forces of the US is made impracticable or impossible of accomplishment by reason of absence from the State of Oklahoma while on active duty or confinement in a hospital, the time of filing a return and paying an income tax shall be extended to the fifteenth day of the third month following the month in which such individual returns to Oklahoma or is discharged from the hospital."

This is a paragraph taken from 50 U.S.C. App. §§501-596, the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act

Domicile (Legal Residence): The SCRA continues the protection the SSCRA granted for
domicile and residence. A member can maintain the domicile or legal residence in the
state the member resided before entering active duty. A member does not lose the
domicile (legal residence) in a state when absence from that state is due to military
orders. Members, however, can change his or her domicile if the member meets the
conditions for changing legal residence. Legal residence (domicile) should not be
confused with residence. A person can have as many residences as can afford, but can
have only one legal residence (domicile). The domicile is considered to be the state
entered in the member’s pay records. The domicile is a state where the member resided
at some point in time and while residing there formed the intent to return to this state
after his or her military service ends and remain there indefinitely.

I have every intention of returning to Oklahoma at the end of my military service.

BCorbett

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to the forum. My wife and I both have a concealed carry license. We are mainly into deer hunting and everything that involves, year round. We also do a little bass fishing. I like the Hunting section and enjoy all of the stories. See you around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom