Medicare Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yet ONE MORE REASON I'm swearing off doctors. Yes, I know I am gonna need them for some things but if I can keep from going to them I'm sure gonna do it.

Maybe I'll become a green witch, move to the woods and eat foraged greens and drink moon water. 🤷🤷 Be about as effective as going to the doctor nowadays, it seems. 😒
You may not be far off. In High School, a friend was a full Ponca tribe native. His mom was obese and had type II diabetes. She went to the tribal medicine man, got information on what plants to forage and diet to follow. She lived another 30 or so years without insulin.

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been a bad week for me so I am venting. First the Integris data breach, next IRS screwed up my tax return, and now Medicare is hitting the doctors.

Just got a letter from my primary doctor and nine doctors in the group that they will no longer accept medicare due to the decrease in reimbursements. What my doctor is suggesting is an alternate program that will cover the difference. Of course I have to pay that and it doesn't appear to be cheap. (numbers to follow). So I pay into medicare and can't use it?

Doing further research, what I see is doctors, med groups, and hospitals start their own insurance programs. Retirees medical costs will soar because each specialty group will have their own program.

Obviously the government is moving to universal health care, controlling the doctors, controlling your treatment(s), supporting all the illegals and others. AKA marxism/communism. Also, they will destroy the rural hospitals and clinics to force people back to the cities so they can control that too. Completely break the system. AMA and websites are all screaming about this. And I also think there will be many doctors that will start refusing Medicare patients. This will be a disaster for the foreseeable future.

Comments welcome
Are you on a Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage plan?

Don't confuse the two. Advantage plans are government funded and the Supplement is not.

Regards,

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If my understanding is correct, you may submit your claims to your insurance company to be reimbursed whatever their scheduled payment is. On the flip side, Drs are able to charge lower cash prices because they still make more than the insurance pays them.
Good luck with that! My dermatologist quit taking insurance so I paid cash, submitted for reimbursement. Being he quit taking insurance he is no longer on provider list, so no reimbursement and it doesn't count toward my deductible. Closest dermatologist on provider list is one and half hours away. So I guess I will continue to pay cash and get screwed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom