Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAXXIN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I would take a few seconds and introduce myself. I've been an avid fan of the forum for sometime and have observed from the sidelines. I've done quite a bit of research and have decided on a GEN 3 Glock 23 for my first handgun purchase in twenty years or so. I've been to H and H in OKC a few times to shoot various models and have settled on the Glock. My girlfriend recently shot the Glock 19 and more than likely, we'll be purchasing one of those as well within the next month or so.

Both of us will be enrolling in a concealed carry class. I've pretty much devoured a couple of Massad Ayoob's books - Concealed Carry and Combat Handgunnery and am looking forward to the opportunity to learn and experiment with different techniques and whatnot that I learn from you guys as well.

As soon as my Glock gets in, I'm planning on having Mike at Accurate Iron do some work on it. I've not yet met him, but after reading the scads of positive remarks from those who've dealt with him - I'm eager to meet the man with such a dedicated following. Anyway, I digress. I look forward to a long and hopefully mutually beneficial relationship with Oklahoma Shooters. Cheers.

warpusher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Team,

Just joined this site. I have lived here in Oklahoma for about 7 months. I live in the Norman/OKC area.

I got here from Dayton Ohio, moved b/c the employer told me to...and when Uncle Sam says to move you move!

I work over on Tinker AFB and am in the USAF.

I enjoy shooting but haven't found many places to shoot in OK. The indoor ranges are ok, but crowded and fun.

I have shot high power, SASS, and IPSC and like SASS the best. I've shot a few times at the OKC club. Hi power/service rifel doesn't do anything for me anymore...too slow paced and the rules don't keep up with the times. IPSC wise I've had some BAD experiences in Ohio which have turned me off that shooting sport.

I'd like to try Glock competitions and maybe three gun - probably heavy metal...I have a few unique guns for that competition, mainly from one of my other hobbies - WWII US Airborne reenacting.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_warpusher_IMGP3541_1.jpg

What else...thats about it! I hardly know anyone in town and have few/no one to hang out with...people my age (especially females) don't seem to appreciate things like home ownership, paying bills, and steady employment.

Talk to yall soon!

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just signed up yesterday although I have lurked a while.

Love to shoot handguns and own several. My favorite is my Colt Gold Cup .45 that shoots so very good!

Here in southern OK (Ardmore area) we are severely lacking on indoor ranges, so shooting this winter has been..uh...pretty much non-existent.

My next purchase will probably be a Sig 239 9mm or Kahr K-9. Both of these guns seem to fit my hand well.

Anywho, good to be here!

Keep 'er locked and loaded!

John

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy!

20-year Paramedic here in Oklahoma, Flight RN for Tulsa Life Flight '97-'07,
noob knifemaker.

Spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money on firearms at Oklahoma Police Supply :)

Thanks for having me.

Bill

[Broken External Image]

IAMPS3

Marksman
Reaction score
Howdy all -

Just getting registered and setup to start reading and contributing. I've been shooting for a few years now, got into IPSC last year at the OKC Gun Club, and just recently bought a new XDm .40 that I'm loving.

See ya' around!

--------------------------
Paul Stansberry
Edmond, OK

w: iamps3.com

Ponyboy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Shawn and new to the forum. Just signed up though I've lurked for a time.

Enjoy shooting as often as I can which doesn't seem all that often at all. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Latest posts

Top Bottom