Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incoming

Marksman
Reaction score
Hi All,

Retired military type in the SW metro checking in. I do most of the normal stuff - that "normal people" do. Huntin, fishin, shootin hand guns, long guns, black guns, smoke poles, reloadin, SCUBA, kayak, motorcycles, ATV, RV and various other toys and in my spare time I try to get over to the capital to raise cane with our miserable excuses for elected representatives of the people. My motto as one might expect is "Everyday is Saturday".

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi All,

Retired military type in the SW metro checking in. I do most of the normal stuff - that "normal people" do. Huntin, fishin, shootin hand guns, long guns, black guns, smoke poles, reloadin, SCUBA, kayak, motorcycles, ATV, RV and various other toys and in my spare time I try to get over to the capital to raise cane with our miserable excuses for elected representatives of the people. My motto as one might expect is "Everyday is Saturday".

Welcome to OSA!

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy, I'm 33 and a Mayes County resident. Subscribed here about the time I took interest in getting my CCL. Have some buddies on the forums, too.
I'm a creek plinker, pretty much. .22s and shotguns.

Cyprian

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello. I’m 45 years old, married (19 years next month) and have four kids. Three girls ages 5, 8, 16 and a 12yo son. I grew up hunting and using firearms. In the early 90’s I used to shoot IPSC. But then I moved to Texas and pretty much gave up shooting except for deer hunting. I got my CCL in Texas and carried there until my CCL expired in ’98. I didn’t renew. We moved to the country in NE OK and I just didn’t feel the need to carry. As long as my wife carried, I was good. By the way, she’s carried the same G27 in her purse for 12 years. Anyway, in August of 2009, we moved to the OKC area (Edmond). I decided to get a CCL. I’m now waiting. I should have it in my hands by the end of June. I just bought a 3rd gen G19 RTF2 w/night sights. In the past I have owned the following handguns: various 1911’s (both .45 and .38 super), S&W 629 .44mag, S&W mod 19 .357mag, G21, G30 and G23.

I’m looking forward to shooting a bit more and knocking some rust off. I’m not looking to compete again, but I would like to become more proficient and be more prepared for an armed encounter. Lastly, I’m glad to be here. :goodmorning:

Chrispy777

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, pretty much a newbie here. thought i'd get a little wisdom from your postings...one question though. I'm trying to decide whether to go with an AK or an AR...Other than being able to recognize which is which...not sure which is better. Any opinions?

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy

Been lurking for a few weeks. I live up in Logan County... ride a horse from time to time, collect Winchesters and Smith and Wessons and love my wife.

I have an OK SDA permit... favor no-frills 1911 pistols and SW snubbies (J and K frame) for regular carry.

NRA member... lean to Libertarian ideals and have been a long term member of a trade Union. I don't care for our current President (nor any other Chicago politicians). After living in the Chicago media market (radio and TV gets all the way across Lake MI) let me watch THAT circus from a comfortable distance.

Looking forward to meeting and chewing the fat with ya'all.

~J

Latest posts

Top Bottom