Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikesvilla

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, My name is Mike, I live in OKC. I'm glad to join a new gun link and become new friends with the shooting community. Does anyone know where you can shoot a gun (.380 Beretta pistol) in the country without getting in trouble. I like to shoot cans safely and I know you can't do that at the outdoor gun ranges (Banner rd. range). It would be nice to know someone with some land to go shooting on. I'm also getting a 30-30 rifle this winter and have never been hunting before, Would anyone be interested in letting me join them this rifle season.

d18

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello just wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Dan, and Im from OKC. Heard about this place from a friend.

I had a question. What is the easiest way to get the nut off of an 870 remington to remove the foreend without a spanner wrench?
Any ideas? 20-30 bucks for a wrench i will use once is a lil overkill.
Thanks in advance?

DFralish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HI My name is Mike and I'm a gun-a-holic.I Love them like a crackwhore working for a her/his next rock.(I couldn't come up with a way to combine guns and crack)I stumbled accross your fine site while I was searching for legislative info on the Open Carry bill.You all had the link to the live show(very cool)seemed like a frendly enough place,so I thought If yall don't mind I might just find a nice grassy spot in the shade and plop down and take a load off for a while? I read alot of older posts to get a feel for the flow.gotta say yall got it going on fur shore.Tulsan by birth,but couldnt wait to get out of there(no offence to those still trapped there by circumstances)I'm more of an easy country living type soul.

Kinda long winded at times,never used to be but living somewhere it takes a 20 minutes drive to get a loaf of bread,it changes a man.Welp thats about it.
Thanks Mike,aka, crazy 8
Welcome Mike. Not to worry about being long winded, there is plenty of that here, myself included.

okiejim

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello all you shooters. I'm the new kid on the block, having joined OKlahoma Shooters this evening. Just watched Wayne LaPierre's speech in Charolette at the NRA convention. Pretty inspiring, If you haven't seen it yet it can be seen at http://www.nraam.org/speech.html.
Like most of us out away from the metro areas, we have a shortage of gun ranges, although the one in Weatherford is a good range. Unfortunately its a 35 mile drive from my home. A friendly rancher allows my wife and me to shoot on her land, but we have to really watch we don't shoot one of her cows.
Forty-three years ago before my wife and I got married, we would go on a date to the local dump to shoot rats. Yes, she married me anyway.

d18

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, My name is Mike, I live in OKC. I'm glad to join a new gun link and become new friends with the shooting community. Does anyone know where you can shoot a gun (.380 Beretta pistol) in the country without getting in trouble. I like to shoot cans safely and I know you can't do that at the outdoor gun ranges (Banner rd. range). It would be nice to know someone with some land to go shooting on. I'm also getting a 30-30 rifle this winter and have never been hunting before, Would anyone be interested in letting me join them this rifle season.
Hey I am looking for the same, some friends and I have been trying to find someone local (outside of OKC limits anyway) that would let us build a range...I am talking dirtwork, railroad ties, eventually build a swat house, the works.

I know we have at least 3k willing to go towards it. with only 3 people....

I really would like to apply some electromechanical/automation to the range as well. Automated targets, random targets, a shooting gallery would be the ultimate. Its a pipe dream I know....

mikesvilla

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello just wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Dan, and Im from OKC. Heard about this place from a friend.

I had a question. What is the easiest way to get the nut off of an 870 remington to remove the foreend without a spanner wrench?
Any ideas? 20-30 bucks for a wrench i will use once is a lil overkill.
Thanks in advance?
There is a very knowledgeable gunsmith at H&H gun range in OKC, his name is chris. He would be the person to ask about your 870. He changed the buttstock and forend on my 870 to a speedfeed brand a few years back and it took him less than 5 min. He's very good. In my opinion he is the best gunsmith in OKC.

PolarisKc108

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Casey, stationed at Altus AFB for the last 3yrs now. Love to shoot, buy sell and trade firearms. Currently looking for a M1A or Nice FAL I'd like to trade my RRA LAR-15 for. Heading to Saudi Arabia for my second deployment here in a little bit.

porboy29

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Afternoon, I spend my time at Canton Lake and in the TX Panhandle and am semi retired. Been a lifetime hunter, fisherman and lover of old pickups, tractors and pretty women most of my life. Still hunt and fish a lot but have enough old trucks and tractors and women to last me. Run on to this site from a friend and I sure have enjoyed lurking and reading.
Thanks for letting me in.

Reaction score
just a quick introduction. my name is matthew and although i have only recently become interested in guns and 2nd amendment rights, i have the itch. in the last 4 months i have purchased a rem. 870, a taurus judge, a glock 27 for ccw, a hipoint 9mm (for 80 bucks it was worth it) and a few others lol. i look forward to reading and learning from the wealth of knowledge provided here. looks like a good forum goin on here. keep it up!

jblay

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long time woods tromper. Originally from Mississippi. Moved to Oklahoma four years ago. Prefer .22's, shotguns, and no weapon at all....

I was actually enthused about moving to OK because of the ability to use an Atl-Atl to hunt rabbits!.....I still want to do that.

Thanks,
John

Latest posts

Top Bottom