Investing In Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not fond of being called a liar. Also, why would I lie on here?

I've got buyers that do not have the time/patience to get precious metals on their own. They also do not like to use credit cards or deal with the hassle of trying to purchase silver online. I do all of the legwork and financing up front for them, and then accept payments over time until their debt is paid off. It involves some "hustling" on my part...the hard work kind, not the ripping people off kind.

I didn't take it that he was calling you a liar. Rather, that you were simply saying you're not selling anything right now while the price is low.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because you have decided that your Silver is an "investment" doesn't change the fact that you lost money.

You put tangible dollars into tangible Silver and it's worth has gone down while physically in your possession.

It would be like buying anything tangible, if the value goes down - you've lost worth.

Agree. Your net worth has decreased accordingly due to your portfolio valuation

Again, yes and no. Yes, the net worth of your portfolio has gone down.

But many people (myself included) don't buy precious metals with the intent to sell them for a profit. Some people buy precious metals as a store of value.

If I go out and buy ten ounces silver at $15/ounce, I have 150 fewer US dollars, but I have 25 ounces of silver.

If I go out and buy ten ounces silver at $25/ounce, I have 250 fewer US dollars, but I have 25 ounces of silver.

Whether the price of silver goes up or down, that 25 ounces of silver is always going to be 25 ounces of silver.

The value of the dollar can (and will) fluctuate, but an ounce of silver will always be an ounce of silver. If the price of silver goes up, that's a sign that the value of the dollar has gone down. If the price of silver goes down, then that is a sign that the value of the dollar has gone up. Same with any other precious metal.

That's not to say that there aren't other factors that can and do affect the price of precious metals (supply and demand, speculation, etc.), but they still act as a base store of value.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, yes and no. Yes, the net worth of your portfolio has gone down. But many people (myself included) don't buy precious metals with the intent to sell them for a profit. Some people buy precious metals as a store of value. If I go out and buy ten ounces silver at $15/ounce, I have 150 fewer US dollars, but I have 25 ounces of silver. If I go out and buy ten ounces silver at $25/ounce, I have 250 fewer US dollars, but I have 25 ounces of silver. Whether the price of silver goes up or down, that 25 ounces of silver is always going to be 25 ounces of silver. The value of the dollar can (and will) fluctuate, but an ounce of silver will always be an ounce of silver. If the price of silver goes up, that's a sign that the value of the dollar has gone down. If the price of silver goes down, then that is a sign that the value of the dollar has gone up. Same with any other precious metal. That's not to say that there aren't other factors that can and do affect the price of precious metals (supply and demand, speculation, etc.), but they still act as a base store of value.

I went out one day and bought 1000 shares of Enron. They will always be 1000 shares of Enron. And I will always have them.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't take it that he was calling you a liar. Rather, that you were simply saying you're not selling anything right now while the price is low.

No, I am not selling anything right now. My last sale was last week when I sold some commemorative Confederate Silver Dollars at $42 an ounce. Understand that these were limited runs and had collector value, on top or in place of their silver content value.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone made any purchases lately?

I'm thinking of converting some of my PM's to things that go bang. The PM market is really just frustrating the hell outta me. Not enough movement to keep me interested. I bought silver for this price almost a decade ago! LOL, they're continuing to use, mine and print money (which should cause inflation) and yet the price for silver is the same... LOFL This game is so rigged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom