iOS 7 is here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question about updating my girlfriend's phone. She originally set it up on her sister's computer but now her sister lives out of state, so syncing it that computer is not going to happen. We want to sync it on my computer but she doesn't want to lose the photos. We know she can sync it over wifi but my question is, if she syncs her phone on my computer and wants to add my music, will she lose everything that's currently on her phone including her photos?

I'm no pro or anything but I'd Set her up on the cloud and make sure that she syncs everything she wants to keep like photos and her contacts. Another option might be a dropbox account

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question about updating my girlfriend's phone. She originally set it up on hep sister's computer but now her sister lives out of state, so syncing it that computer is not going to happen. We want to sync it on my computer but she doesn't want to lose the photos. We know she can sync it over wifi but my question is, if she syncs her phone on my computer and wants to add my music, will she lose everything that's currently on her phone including her photos?

Each account can sync to a few different computers with her apple ID's. have her sync to your computer using her apple I'd and it should work. If you and her use a differnt apple ID I think you will have a problem. If you share the same you won't have a problem.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpg
I installed it. Big mistake.

They broke existing functionality (you can no longer put podcasts in a playlist with music, f'rinstance--at least under iOS6 you could uninstall the useless podcast app to get the functionality back), they made Safari worse (which took some doing), and they made it slower. They also iterated iTunes even farther into hell, but that's at least consistent...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question about updating my girlfriend's phone. She originally set it up on her sister's computer but now her sister lives out of state, so syncing it that computer is not going to happen. We want to sync it on my computer but she doesn't want to lose the photos. We know she can sync it over wifi but my question is, if she syncs her phone on my computer and wants to add my music, will she lose everything that's currently on her phone including her photos?

Yes she sync to your computer. But.....

Whatever you do create her an account on it first AND HAVE HER LOG INTO IT TO DO IT! If she syncs to your iTunes she will have your stuff and you'll have hers in addition to each of your own stuff. It's not a good scene man.
You can also create separate iTunes libraries but it's far simpler to run from each of your own accounts. That's the way Apple's stuff is designed to run anyway. iTunes libraries are just a big bucket to store everything in. You want separate buckets. I promise.

You can google Whats good about IOS7, and there is a video. I've still got the 4S, so a lot of it won't work on my phone.

What won't work? I have a 4S too. I've seen all the videos and watched the "presentation" live when they announced it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom