Iran Placing Medium-Range Missiles in Venezuela; Can Reach the U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't touch on that because I thought it was the worst analogy ever and the fact that others didn't mention it just re-enforced that.

But then there was you! :D

The more correct analogy would be one where I have guns and I hear another guy in my neighborhood is trying to get guns to defend his home so I slash his tires to inhibit his gun-funding by keeping him from going to work, if he continues down this path of potential self-defense, I just grab my guns before he has any and break into his house and begin "liberating" him with lead.

Uh, you're the one who thinks proliferation of nuclear weapons is fair.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
i dont understand that last one sigsilly...

The Shah had his own countrymen help over throw that gov't. It wasn't just the Shah and the CIA that did the coup.
I hear people condemning the US for helping the Shah.
I wonder if they would condemn France for helping Americans throw the British out of America in the Revolutionary War?
And for someone to condemn something as "evil" so "good" things can come out of it and have no idea of who actually did the fighting and bleeding and why they did it is ignorant anyway you look at it.
The Iranians and the Arabs claim it was Israel and the CIA that were behind the collapse of the two WTC towers.
According to the radical Iranians, the CIA is responsible for everything wrong in Iran from STDs to cobras existing in their country.
Read about Norman Shwartzkopf's early life in Iran prior to attending West Point. It may give you a clearer picture of what Iran was in the recent past, during and immediately after WWII.

fluffernutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Shah had his own countrymen help over throw that gov't. It wasn't just the Shah and the CIA that did the coup.
I hear people condemning the US for helping the Shah.
I wonder if they would condemn France for helping Americans throw the British out of America in the Revolutionary War?
And for someone to condemn something as "evil" so "good" things can come out of it and have no idea of who actually did the fighting and bleeding and why they did it is ignorant anyway you look at it.
The Iranians and the Arabs claim it was Israel and the CIA that were behind the collapse of the two WTC towers.
According to the radical Iranians, the CIA is responsible for everything wrong in Iran from STDs to cobras existing in their country.
Read about Norman Shwartzkopf's early life in Iran prior to attending West Point. It may give you a clearer picture of what Iran was in the recent past, during and immediately after WWII.

correct, it was the british (not just the US) that organized and fed the false intelligence that the CIA was somehow fighting the communist Tudeh faction by supporting the Shah (which were truthfully not a threat and were hardly soviet aligned). Using your logic, why did we ever remove Saddam? He had supporters too in Iraq, and he was much more secular than the emerging leadership today (Sadr?). The truth is that the US meddling creates new enemies in the blowback. Present Iran (everything post 79) feeds on the anti-US sentiment from the 53 coup. supporting the Shah was not merely supporting one side in an internal power struggle, we paid iranian groups to shoot, to kill, to protest, to arrest Mossadegh, and to reinstall a monarch simply because the British wanted to maintain their oil contracts. that's it.

comparing the Shah to George washington is apples and oranges. a colony declaring independence from a crown is far different than staging terror attacks and bribing groups in an internal power struggle.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....comparing the Shah to George washington is apples and oranges. a colony declaring independence from a crown is far different than staging terror attacks and bribing groups in an internal power struggle.

The point is that during the Revolutionary War we would not have been successful forming our own nation if France hadn't helped. And it's been said that the majority of Americans didn't really support the Revolution.
But in Iran, the theocracy controlled much of the country prior to the Shah. Islam is a religion for commerce. It makes it easy for the aristocracy and theocracy to control the masses.
The Shah brought about major changes in his country. The literacy rate jumped to three or four times what it had been prior to the coup in just a few decades.
The mullahs didn't like losing control of the masses because of education and the vast change in commerce. They never stopped trying to regain control.
The Shah wasn't a saint for sure. But neither was Khomeini, hanging people by the scores when he came back.
Trying to understand Iran is impossible. They don't understand themselves.
They are a paranoid nationality by nature. They can't even have a simple disagreement. They have to go to war over the littlest things.
They make inconsequential things more important than even the most basic essentials for life.
Most Iranians living in the US will tell you the US were the ones that were using poison gas and bombing Iran during the Iran-Iraq war out of Iraqi bases.
They are flat out goofy as hell on many issues.

fluffernutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point is that during the Revolutionary War we would not have been successful forming our own nation if France hadn't helped. And it's been said that the majority of Americans didn't really support the Revolution.
But in Iran, the theocracy controlled much of the country prior to the Shah. Islam is a religion for commerce. It makes it easy for the aristocracy and theocracy to control the masses.
The Shah brought about major changes in his country. The literacy rate jumped to three or four times what it had been prior to the coup in just a few decades.
The mullahs didn't like losing control of the masses because of education and the vast change in commerce. They never stopped trying to regain control.
The Shah wasn't a saint for sure. But neither was Khomeini, hanging people by the scores when he came back.
Trying to understand Iran is impossible. They don't understand themselves.
They are a paranoid nationality by nature. They can't even have a simple disagreement. They have to go to war over the littlest things.
They make inconsequential things more important than even the most basic essentials for life.
Most Iranians living in the US will tell you the US were the ones that were using poison gas and bombing Iran during the Iran-Iraq war out of Iraqi bases.
They are flat out goofy as hell on many issues.

mossadegh wasn't a mullah

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mossadegh wasn't a mullah

Yes, but who had the most influence with him and who helped put him in office?
And where do you think the average citizen heard the news?
Verbally from the mosque. They didn't have TVs or radios and the literacy rate was in the basement in Iran in the 40s and 50s.
All life centered around the mosques and the tea shops. From the mosque to the tea shop and from the tea shop to the mosque.

Latest posts

Top Bottom