Is a Rock Island Tactical Worth the Money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my son the tactical with the "Parker-dura-coater-ized" finsih and we both really like it so far. Good starter pistol. Less than a thousand round down the pipe though so we are still learning but the groups are shriking. NO internal differences. We will be changing the sights before too long and will likely have a trigger job done. It doesn't like my reloads but I bet it's not the pistol's fault (but my S&W 4506 eats the same reloads up no problem). If you run into feeding issues try a chip mccormick mag first before blaming the gun.

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too was interested in the RIA 1911 and had done some research but found very little related to what I wanted to know. Everything I saw was related to the "value" of the pistol or how great they thought it shot. Then I happened across a post in another forum that had a point of contact in the States...his name is Arnel and he is in Nevada. Incredible resource!! I hammered him w/ as many Q's as I could about the 2011 Tactical and Match models (the two I was considering) After that discussion I felt sure that the best bargain was the 2011 Tactical. They are finished in a seperate area (quasi custom shop) with better components and were hand-fitted w/ polished feed ramps etc. He did mention that since production has exploded he wasn't sure whether this is/will be changing. Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Top Bottom