Is a tractor worth it???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Borrowed my neighbor's disk today. It's a good sized implement and the 3025E handled it with ease. I'm almost certain this tractor rates out at more than 25hp. I'm guessing that figure is just to keep it under the limit for needing all the emissions BS. I'm always pleasantly surprised by what this "little" tractor can handle...

Disk A.jpg

JH47

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be a masive tractor action in Broken Bow once a month. It was a HUGE tractor action that lasted 4 day IIRC. Alot of stupid good deals.
Alot of used tractor sales guys would go and stock their lot with those deals. I'd check into that if I wanted a tractor again.
It's not in Broken Bow. It's in Idabel.
Brinkley's Auction is still going.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the 1086 I pulled out with that little 35. If you look close you can see where a half days shoveling and working it back with the loader got it just barely off both axles before I pulled it out in short order. Rain was coming down and the water was rising fast.

I’ve gotten most everything I’ve ever tried to cross there stuck at least once. It’s alternately bottomless and slicker than snot.
1DB3EE1D-98AB-44C8-B4BC-D63093611F04.jpeg

Attachments

• E2051924-5500-45D4-BBBE-95338F0EA138.jpeg
    E2051924-5500-45D4-BBBE-95338F0EA138.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the 1086 I pulled out with that little 35. If you look close you can see where a half days shoveling and working it back with the loader got it just barely off both axles before I pulled it out in short order. Rain was coming down and the water was rising fast.

I’ve gotten most everything I’ve ever tried to cross there stuck at least once. It’s alternately bottomless and slicker than snot.
View attachment 367006
Sure looks like that bucket would have pushed it out backwards. Not to take any thing from you.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 367006
that is a nice looking 1086. i put many an hour on a 1486 and a 2+2.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on your guys opinions I’m leaning pretty heavily towards the Ford 3000-4000 series. I like older everything more than new stuff. I hate emissions and don’t enjoy electronics.

I’m digging all the good experience I get from you guys. Saves me those stupid first decisions and the wasted money that goes with it. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom