is H&H range always this hot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. H&H is always that hot in the summertime. What I don't get is why they spend so much money on merchandise and expanding instead of renovating what they already have.

I think its around $400,000 for climate control to control the lead content to epa standards, and thats per bay. heartland to a big leap starting out with that. I could be wrong on the prices.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a reason we tend to go shooting during "off peak" business hours ...

Me too, usually on a weekday that I'm off work and around opening time. Although haven't been since June's USPSA match, debating about going to August's because of the heat in there.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I measure H and H range warmness. Compared to bucking 125 pound bales of hay in a closed barn or digging post holes in the Washita River bottom without a breath of wind. So the range
seems downright frosty to me.

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a lifetime membership at H&H and with the exception of shooting someone’s gun to try it out for a few rounds I have not shot there in years.

I would much rather shoot outdoors and I have a range available.

H&H is trying to keep the price of shooting down. The expense of running hepta filters and air-conditioning is out of site, especially in the un-insinuated range bays.

Would I pay for 70 degree temperature and hospital grade air, sure I’m a life member and shoot for free. I wish you all would.

Mark

Reaction score
So,who has the coolest ranges in town? H&H is too hot right now, are we saying Heartland and GunWorld both have AC? What about the place down in Norman that got re-opened? Used to be gun country. Sorry, but the new name is escaping me right now. I'm pretty sure Sgt Everett's is still no AC also. Haven't been there in a while.

Trying to plan for some range time this weekend with a bud.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love H&H, I spend disgusting amounts of money there but once summer comes around I refuse to shoot there. As much as I love it there, Heartland is my go to range most of the year now. I recognize it's going to be expensive to put a proper HVAC system in but it would definitely increase sales during the hot months, which is most of the year in central Oklahoma, and that would eventually offset the initial cost. H&H keeps getting bigger and is definitely a bragging point not only for OKC but Oklahoma in general. I'll just keep crossing my fingers they "bite the bullet" ,so to speak, and make the commitment to do it.

Reaction score
I love H&H, I spend disgusting amounts of money there but once summer comes around I refuse to shoot there. As much as I love it there, Heartland is my go to range most of the year now. I recognize it's going to be expensive to put a proper HVAC system in but it would definitely increase sales during the hot months, which is most of the year in central Oklahoma, and that would eventually offset the initial cost. H&H keeps getting bigger and is definitely a bragging point not only for OKC but Oklahoma in general. I'll just keep crossing my fingers they "bite the bullet" ,so to speak, and make the commitment to do it.

I agree with this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom