Is The ‘Trump Slump’ For Firearms The Death Of The Industry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The article states that gun sales are still high, but prices are own. I actually would see that pick up a year before the next election in 2020 because of uncertainty over the elections results.
Guns just keep getting more affordable. Cabellas had an Anderson optic ready 5.56 for $399 the other day.
Ammo prices are coming down.
Stack em high is my theory while you can.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
They were artificially inflated and selling like hotcakes for a while, so the entire industry, from maker to seller, was ramping up and over stocking, then when things slowed, all the sudden a lot of people got caught with too much money tied up in production capacity and inventory.

Even if the political influence stayed level for the next 10 years, prices would still level out. Yes, it's down right now, but that's regular supply and demand. Supply is up and demand is down right now = good prices for those that do want to buy.

While I absolutely certainly positively don't wish any ill on (most) any gun maker, I don't feel sorry for them either right now. They did just come off an 8 year ultra high.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were artificially inflated and selling like hotcakes for a while, so the entire industry, from maker to seller, was ramping up and over stocking, then when things slowed, all the sudden a lot of people got caught with too much money tied up in production capacity and inventory.

Even if the political influence stayed level for the next 10 years, prices would still level out. Yes, it's down right now, but that's regular supply and demand. Supply is up and demand is down right now = good prices for those that do want to buy.

While I absolutely certainly positively don't wish any ill on (most) any gun maker, I don't feel sorry for them either right now. They did just come off an 8 year ultra high.

Agreed. If they didn't sock away some cash reserves over the past 8 years, they're exceedingly short sighted.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more Trump "Tweets", and the talk of impeachment grows, I'm afraid that we will again see rumors of new laws, and folks will again move into a panic mode. The mid-terms could also be the kick-off of a new wave of buying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom