Is the Oklahoma Gun Show tomorrow worth $14 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on your interests. If you‘re like me with a narrow and specific focus on particular and high-dollar items, the local gun shows probably aren’t going to be a good use of your time and $14. Heck, I usually come away empty-handed at the Wanenmacher show, but at least that show is no more expensive than the local shows and offers far more to look at.

I’ve probably got as expensive tastes as anyone on this board age and disposable income will do that to a fella. I’m not buying Ruger Americans and Mossberg Patriots. The last several years its been an interest in Colt Sauer, Steyr rifles and the odd Merkel. I still find things I want or can use at nearly every gunshow i go to. Obscure and hard to find ammo / reloading supplies don’t just magically appear after all.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is like everything else, some people just love misery and want to gripe. I have never went to a gun show and not found a deal. I sat up this weekend in Tulsa and saw several deals of people walking around. The best one that comes to mind was a S&W model 27-2, factory nickle, 3 T's he was asking only $1,000.00

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is like everything else, some people just love misery and want to gripe. I have never went to a gun show and not found a deal. I sat up this weekend in Tulsa and saw several deals of people walking around. The best one that comes to mind was a S&W model 27-2, factory nickle, 3 T's he was asking only $1,000.00
I’ve found many great deals at gunshows, they would have been great for the seller had I bought them. I still go, and still have fun.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Wanamachers last year, didn't see anything I could live without, but pretty sure I came back with a free case of the Ronas.. I was sorta interested in those cheap AR build kits but couldn't make myself pull the trigger on one. I would like to get a side charging AR in the future.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went, found the exact item I was searching for at a price I was willing to pay. I found a couple other items and Wife found a pack/purse she liked. Found a 22 revolver I liked, looked like hell and seemed to function nicely. If I had the money available would have bought it as well as the Kris. Still have not found that carbine in 45 acp which I can afford or trade into.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jerk, take pictures next time.
I actually did take a picture of it because I was going get it for my wife, so I sent her a pic. His reasoning was he made a mistake when he priced it. Funny thing about that was I had been to the table twice before and talked to him about it. Wish I still had the pic.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine had a couple tables there this weekend so I went and hung out with him both days. I hadn’t been to a show in a couple years. If you were there looking for a great deal it wasn’t great. I probably inquired about 20 guns being carried by someone walking by. Probably 75% of them said they were looking to sell or trade. Probably 50% of them when I asked what their value was would start of by saying “Well I’ve got too much in it” or “Way too much”. I had fun just sitting there people watching and watching trades being made between folks walking. It was kinda interesting to see what the price would be when somebody stopped by our table carrying a gun that had already been carried by our table by someone else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom