OKC gun show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HogHQ39

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I am thinking about going to the OKC gun show this weekend. I have never been and I live about 2 hours away. Do y’all think it is worth checking out? Thanks for the input!

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of these shows are a diluted down version of what we experienced in the yesteryears. There is not quite as much hardware and a bit more BS for sale. If your 2 hours out consider this. 2 hrs x 60mph = 120m one way. 240m/20mpg = 12gal x $3.40gal = $40.80 + $12entry =$52.80. If you're not alone, you could split fuel fee. If you're already coming into to town go. If you're not you'll want to dig thru your old stuff to bring for trade/sale to make it more worth it. I still go to 1 or 2 local shows a year but I don't have that gas fee. Oklahomabassin (above) hit the nail on the head. But that doesn't mean there aren't deals to be had at the small shows. I can understand small town boredom and just needing to get out also. If you're still not sure or quite committed try this. Run barefoot down the gravel road to the gas station. Buy some gas station food. Limp back home. Your feet will feel about the same as walking the show and your a _ _ will feel the same the next day. The difference is $40 bucks more in your pocket, or perhaps the most coveted grail gun of a lifetime.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I am thinking about going to the OKC gun show this weekend. I have never been and I live about 2 hours away. Do y’all think it is worth checking out? Thanks for the input!
OP, if you were in town and didn’t have anything to do, I’d say go check it out, but I wouldn’t drive two hours to it. The only gun show I’ve been to worth the price of admission in years is Wannemacher.

Your location says Texoma. My recommendation if you want to go to a gun show is to wait until there is one at Market Hall in Dallas or Wannemacher in the fall.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No way, no how. Don’t waste your time like others have said. Now the Warnermaker show in Tulsa? That’s worth it every time. That one will blow your socks off.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hog, I don't know you, you might be a bad man, or a good guy, but for the sake of humanity don't do this to yourself. Even the worst man doesn't deserve the psychological beating you'll get at an OKC gun show, and if you did eat something there, you'll experience the most noxious gas you've ever known. You'll need to take 3 boxes of Kleenex to deal with all the crying during the 2 hour drive home, everything in life will come into question, why did I ever get involved with guns, my mother didn't love me, that cute little pom pom girl in junior high never even looked at me, hell, she didn't even know I was alive. And then you start looking at those concrete bridge abutments, thinking you could end it all right now, you could be free, and when the Highway Patrol gets there and finds that ticket stub, they'll know what happened, you won't be the first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom