Is the Oklahoma Gun Show tomorrow worth $14 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bitchin about a crappy $14 burger, too.

$14 is what happens when idiots get $15 / hr for screwing up on a $7 / hr job.

$14 entry is GREED. 4x as many through the door with $5 entry. You get more $$$.
Vendors have more traffic.
High traffic attracts more visitors.
More visitors generates higher gate.

Greed = stupidity. Making less by charging more.

Works the same on vendor fees.
Have reasonable table fees and have a full venue.

Would you rather have 100 tables @ $200 or 250 tables @ $100 or 300 @ $75.

$14 entry to find 100 overpriced table, trying to make up for $200 fee.
$5 entry with 300 tables. Some still over-priced, but more likely to find that elusive deal and look at lots of guns.

OKC fairgrounds is dying because of ridiculous table fees, entry fee, parking fees.
The $5 gun show.......... It's been tried and few times--and although it may sound appealing, if you're the promoter that owns this business-- it's a losing proposition. The SuperDave gun shows a few years back tried it--- but lost money--and he fled town in the middle of the nite---with many vendors' money as I understand it. Remember the BadShot shows? I believe now they are only limited to Taos and Raton now--- maybe 1 a year in Chickasha =- admission is $10 and tables are $50 for vendors. Heartland Militaria took over the Durant show, and prices are $10 admission and the gun show vendor tables are now $65.

Oh, and there's no parking fees at the OKC Fairgrounds.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The gunshow coming up in Shawnee next month only charges $8 I believe. I'll need to check their website to confirm.

It's usually a pretty good show but I haven't made one this year because I'm working weekends.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The gunshow coming up in Shawnee next month only charges $8 I believe. I'll need to check their website to confirm.

It's usually a pretty good show but I haven't made one this year because I'm working weekends.
I just checked and it looks like the Shawnee show is $10 now. Some of their shows are $8 and some are $12. Maybe the cost of the venue determines the entry fee???

https://www.gunshows-usa.com/organizer/gs-promotions/

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The $5 gun show.......... It's been tried and few times--and although it may sound appealing, if you're the promoter that owns this business-- it's a losing proposition. The SuperDave gun shows a few years back tried it--- but lost money--and he fled town in the middle of the nite---with many vendors' money as I understand it. Remember the BadShot shows? I believe now they are only limited to Taos and Raton now--- maybe 1 a year in Chickasha =- admission is $10 and tables are $50 for vendors. Heartland Militaria took over the Durant show, and prices are $10 admission and the gun show vendor tables are now $65.

Oh, and there's no parking fees at the OKC Fairgrounds.

There are a lot of reaons why the $5 show isn't doable in 2023 , Inflation being a large factor. Everything is more expensive than it used to be . People do not have to like it but it is what it is. The same people who ***** about a $12 to $14 gun show price haven't ever been to a venue for a gun show where you had to pay for parking and pay to get into the gun show. I have and that sucks , also thanks to dumbasses of which there seem to be more now than there ever was insurance has went up . It is costly to promote one of these shows , times have changed folks . Speaking of dumb asses I had to tell someone at the show today to quit pointing the muzzle of the chicom 870 at me while he examined it .

Otherwise I had a fun time , sold a Marlin 22 quite a fast to my surprise and had 500 tire kickers for my Warner Swasey 03 Springfield but no real buyers . Of course I also had fun listening to the window lickers as they went table to table spinning their fables and telling this person or that how they used to buy X for $5 new in the box and bitching about how its not worth the current price .

I need to head to the city for the next show over there and then save my pennies for the Wannamacher show in April.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last 5 shows at the OKC Fairgrounds have been small and way over priced. They have not been worth $5. I am going to wait a year and see if they get their act together before I pay for nothing again.
A lot of them have been that way for quite a while now. Many years before Covid. Over priced and not worth the admission.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

$14 entry is GREED. 4x as many through the door with $5 entry. You get more $$$.

$5 entry with 300 tables. Some still over-priced, but more likely to find that elusive deal and look at lots of guns.

OKC fairgrounds is dying because of ridiculous table fees, entry fee, parking fees.
I heard the fairgrounds in Okc pretty much runs the gunshows now no matter which promoter is renting the building. That's why you have to buy your ticket before you go in the building so the fairgrounds gets there money first. One of the promoter's owed the fairgrounds a bunch of money and never paid them is what caused all that.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well stated Sir! I agree and I have never had to pay to go in. In my opinion they turned to **** back around 1983.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well stated Sir! I agree and I have never had to pay to go in. In my opinion they turned to **** back around 1983.
In '83, I was in Houston, awesome gunshow. Twice a year, at the Astrodome. Made Tulsa look like Ada.
Show got too big and moved to the new Convention Center (same place the NRA convention was held). Right at the edge of downtown and little Saigon.

Huge venue, little parking. I circled the place looking for parking. At the corner, was an empty lot and 7 - 8 vehicles. Across the street, another vacant lot, beside a house, 12 -14 yo hood rat sitting on a bucket, sign $2 parking.

I asked him, "why give you $2? I can park across the street free."

"Yas sir, but pay me and you will have tires when you come out."

I paid him, for his gumption and spirit.

4th of July weekend, 3 day show. Went all 3 days and didn't see it all. Makes most shows disappointing.

The City regs, killed the show, 15 years ago.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t gone to a gun show since 2000 or so. They got to where they ducked and there was more non-gun venders than sellers. And politics had driven up prices in everything so I quit. Are they worth a hoot?

Latest posts

Top Bottom