Is the Ruger Mini-14 Obsolete?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1705520723030.jpeg

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you were young did you pay attention to name tags of anyone not a Chief or officer? My nick was Numnuts and that is what everyone called me excepts for the higher ups. I can remember the first name or nick of many of the guys I served with, but very few of the last names including the officers. And no it has nothing to do with how much I drank or the drugs I did.
Yes, it's called.professionalism. Despite inherent shitbaggery at work I make the effort to not be a shitbag and treat others with dignity and respect. This is especially important in a field that requires teamwork and deals with life threatening situations. Seems that may have always been lost on you.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it's called.professionalism. Despite inherent shitbaggery at work I make the effort to not be a shitbag and treat others with dignity and respect. This is especially important in a field that requires teamwork and deals with life threatening situations. Seems that may have always been lost on you.
Strangely enough we did respect each other, probably far more than you can understand. We were friends, comrades in a business that still gives me nightmares to this day. Not from war and violence as that was very, very rare for us at that time, but for the horrible sites we saw. Children that had drowned and been eaten on by fish and crabs. Other children wondering were mom and dad went to because the parents had put life vest on the kids but did not think they needed one. Etc, etc, etc. You see enough death from accidents or stupidity you develop kind of a warped outlook on life not to mention a slightly twisted sense of humor.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strangely enough we did respect each other, probably far more than you can understand. We were friends, comrades in a business that still gives me nightmares to this day. Not from war and violence as that was very, very rare for us at that time, but for the horrible sites we saw. Children that had drowned and been eaten on by fish and crabs. Other children wondering were mom and dad went to because the parents had put life vest on the kids but did not think they needed one. Etc, etc, etc. You see enough death from accidents or stupidity you develop kind of a warped outlook on life not to mention a slightly twisted sense of humor.
Don't try to school me on what it is like to deal with trauma. I will guarantee. I have seen more death and horror on the job than your entire coastguard "career." The fact that you are bragging about having to be separated from others in order for the crew to have a baseline level.of competence speaks volumes. "Numbnuts" was quite fitting actually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom