is this legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a grey area sadly. The build to suit makes it less grey...the post makes that sound like he's basically doing a shill purchase as he has the intent to build for someone and sell it to them. Whether or not he makes profit from it is negated if he bought it originally with the intent to build for someone in the future.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a grey area sadly. The build to suit makes it less grey...the post makes that sound like he's basically doing a shill purchase as he has the intent to build for someone and sell it to them. Whether or not he makes profit from it is negated if he bought it originally with the intent to build for someone in the future.
thanks for the info

soliddriller

Marksman
Reaction score
Read the laws I listed. THERE IS NO GRAY AREA MEN.

#3 (dealer term) but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms (18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(21)(C))

#4 (gunsmith term) but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional repairs of firearms, or who occasionally fits special barrels, stocks, or trigger mechanisms to firearms (18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(21)(D))

As SUPER MODERATOR you should know the laws of gun sales in Oklahoma USA. Promote wisdom on this site not falsehoods. Learn your laws. Of all people the SUPER MODERATOR should know what's going on and the different rules that apply. Look up the definition of ignorant & ignorance. I'll tell you what it means. It means DON'T UNDERSTAND. Promote wisdom on this site not falsehoods. Learn your laws. I'm not being a bully or mean or anything. TRUTH

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how does one build a rifle to suit without it being a straw purchase?

And with many listed and more available "built to suit", seems you go beyond the scope of parts listed, and the frequency too.

A

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

#3 (dealer term) but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms (18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(21)(C))

#4 (gunsmith term) but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional repairs of firearms, or who occasionally fits special barrels, stocks, or trigger mechanisms to firearms (18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(21)(D))

As SUPER MODERATOR you should know the laws of gun sales in Oklahoma USA. Promote wisdom on this site not falsehoods. Learn your laws. Of all people the SUPER MODERATOR should know what's going on and the different rules that apply. Look up the definition of ignorant & ignorance. I'll tell you what it means. It means DON'T UNDERSTAND. Promote wisdom on this site not falsehoods. Learn your laws. I'm not being a bully or mean or anything. TRUTH
Here's the thing, chief. You don't get to decide when it's a hobby or when it crosses over to a business. You don't get to decide if it's "occasional" or if you're devoting "time, attention and labor" in building these. They do! So when they decide to knock on your door, don't be surprise if they don't think it's grey at all, either.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the thing, chief. You don't get to decide when it's a hobby or when it crosses over to a business. You don't get to decide if it's "occasional" or if you're devoting "time, attention and labor" in building these. They do! So when they decide to knock on your door, don't be surprise if they don't think it's grey at all, either.

I'm sure the Rijas wannabe will be fine. He sure seems to know the law. And he is much, much smarter than a super moderator, so, he has that going for him.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hope you find a better home elsewhere.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    151 KB · Views: 228

Latest posts

Top Bottom