Israel going in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ill take it a step further. Lets say it is a couple of the largest drug cartels in Mexico, and they have declared that Aztlan is their property and we are occupying it. Because of this they have decided and proclaimed we must give it back or be destroyed and start launching missiles. I think that is an interesting parallel considering the gun walker scandal.

I say target the drug cartels, send in drones to drug cartel HQ. Make our border secure. (like Israel has rightfully done)

Difference is, Mexico ain't a narrow strip of cinder block refugee homes, and we're not preventing Mexican drug cartels from thriving, seeking employment, or depriving them of liberty.

One is an act of aggression, by a people in a large geographical area, the other is a "captive" audience.

Now let's try the other shoe on for size - you are 21 year old, all grown up in Gaza. What do you do? Where do you work? What is the source of your food, income, housing? Can you "move off the rez?"
Generations have been raised in "refugee" camps - some of the families still hold the deeds to the houses they were removed from. Think that might breed a little discontent?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say target the drug cartels, send in drones to drug cartel HQ. Make our border secure. (like Israel has rightfully done)

Difference is, Mexico ain't a narrow strip of cinder block refugee homes, and we're not preventing Mexican drug cartels from thriving, seeking employment, or depriving them of liberty.

One is an act of aggression, by a people in a large geographical area, the other is a "captive" audience.

Now let's try the other shoe on for size - you are 21 year old, all grown up in Gaza. What do you do? Where do you work? What is the source of your food, income, housing? Can you "move off the rez?"
Generations have been raised in "refugee" camps - some of the families still hold the deeds to the houses they were removed from. Think that might breed a little discontent?

These are all repercussions from the invasion of Israel... still ongoing. Israel has pulled out and tried to turn over control several times, but violent extremist groups like Hamas continue to sabotage the process in their rabid belief that Israel should be exterminated.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are all repercussions from the invasion of Israel... still ongoing. Israel has pulled out and tried to turn over control several times, but violent extremist groups like Hamas continue to sabotage the process in their rabid belief that Israel should be exterminated.

don't forget about the radical jews, either. Some of their actions haven't helped the peace cause much.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The people with the power in gaza have brought this down on their people. They want the conflict. Well, they get the conflict. Leaders like Abbas have stoked the fire of hatred on one hand while talking out the other side of his mouth to the rest of the world to garner sympathy and money. What does this mean for that 21 year old who has been indoctrinated from birth that all of his problems are because of the Jews? It means he becomes another pawn in this sick game.
I dont have an undying love for Israel, but see it as the least bad actor in a region filled with misery and inhumanity.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sorry, these are repercussions from Palestinians being removed in 47-48 era. Plenty of documentaion of that..

Didn't answer the question, either. After the Soviets armed the incoming "Israelis" and forcibly removed the inhabitants, the "camps" were set up. Yes, the Soviets were the ones arming them back then.

Ever read "Perfidy"? Kind of enlightening how some of the refugees from Europe came to be in the middle east.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all a big mess that has been going on for decades, yes... and yet, my point remains that Israel has, for the last 20 years plus (going back to Rabin's assassination) been trying to get out of it, yet those on the other side continually stoke the fires.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all a big mess that has been going on for decades, yes... and yet, my point remains that Israel has, for the last 20 years plus (going back to Rabin's assassination) been trying to get out of it, yet those on the other side continually stoke the fires.
The other side? For crying out loud. Who killed Rabin?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
A right-wing Israeli who didn't want to settle with the Palestinians.

I never claimed the Palestinians did that, did I?

For crying out loud... you gonna deny the Palestinian atrocities that began under British rule prior to Israeli independence? They've been fighting for their survival since before Day 1. You want to cry about Palestinian independence, cry to the British, they're the ones who controlled the entire region.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A right-wing Israeli who didn't want to settle with the Palestinians.

I never claimed the Palestinians did that, did I?

For crying out loud... you gonna deny the Palestinian atrocities that began under British rule prior to Israeli independence? They've been fighting for their survival since before Day 1. You want to cry about Palestinian independence, cry to the British, they're the ones who controlled the entire region.
you didn't claim that the Palestinians killed Rabin but your statement about "the other side" makes me wonder what in the hell you were talking about.
Now we're gonna do the tit for tat thing about the British Mandate in the forties, and the Palestinian atrocities.
Who Bombed the King David Hotel?
Palestinian atrocities my ass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom