Israel has been fired upon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If a city resist you, put them to the sword, both man and woman put them to the sword, and bash their little ones against the rocks.

--Deuteronomy

That's also a Psalm, I think it's a motif throughout the Bible. But again, God is clear through His word that He will deliver Israel. Is Barack Obama God? Is Netanyahu?

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since i don't support using religious motives to start a war I will stay out of this discussion. There will never be peace in the middle east until everyone is dead or they all lay down their guns. Which one is more likely to happen?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the psalm is about what the other guy is going to do to you and yours.
Deuteronomy, Hosea, Kings, They're about what you should do to him and his.
Lots of infant dashing all around in there.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Psalmist is in exile and had probably witnessed the atrocities committed against his people, babies included. In the revenge-style that was so common at the time, he wishes the same upon his enemy as a description of their utter destruction. Nowhere does it say that God approves of the Psalmist’s request or that he fulfilled it. Just because it is recorded that the Psalmist wrote the imprecation, doesn’t mean it was approved by God.
http://carm.org/bible-difficulties/job-song-solomon/why-does-psalmist-speak-about-killing-children

Psalm 137:8-9

8 Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction,
happy is the one who repays you
according to what you have done to us.
9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I supposed I missed that day of history class. IIRC, it was British Palestine at the time (1947-48), and the Israeli's were the "terrorists", at least as far as the Brits were concerned. The rest of Europe was either rebuilding and not particularly interested in what happened across the Med, or occupied by US troops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you don't realize that's what has happened since the Nakba. I completely agree, it's stupid. But that's what colonial Europe did, and the nation of Israel with the help of Zionists everywhere continue to do.

I'm always a little surprised at how brain washed people are concerning Israel. Even when the truth is staring them in the face lots of people just don't see it.

Your analogy of Oklahoma being invaded by Texas is a little off. In terms of numbers the 1948 theft of Palestine is more like Oklahoma being invaded by the people of Albuquerque backed by the population of New York, and then putting all those who couldn't escape into a prison camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom