Israel has been fired upon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always a little surprised at how brain washed people are concerning Israel. Even when the truth is staring them in the face lots of people just don't see it.

Your analogy of Oklahoma being invaded by Texas is a little off. In terms of numbers the 1948 theft of Palestine is more like Oklahoma being invaded by the people of Albuquerque backed by the population of New York, and then putting all those who couldn't escape into a prison camp.

That's funny right there!

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wut???? I supposed I missed that day of history class. IIRC, it was British Palestine at the time (1947-48), and the Israeli's were the "terrorists", at least as far as the Brits were concerned. The rest of Europe was either rebuilding and not particularly interested in what happened across the Med, or occupied by US troops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitioning_of_the_Ottoman_Empire

I guess I should have said the Arab world instead of just Israel.

Hammas lobbed 300 missiles into Israel yesterday, so yea, they have a right and a duty to protect their citizens and defend themselves. What if Texas lobbed 300 missiles into Oklahoma and killed 3 people (BTW, the death count is higher than that), does that still make it like a car wreck?

It wasn't my analogy, I was just running with it.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitioning_of_the_Ottoman_Empire

I guess I should have said the Arab world instead of just Israel.

Not tracking you here. The Brits were 'assigned' Palestine as a Mandate by the League of Nations after WWI. Israel was created out of the UN Partition Plan for Palestine in 1947. The 'problem' was created, no surprise, by the UN and it's forerunner. Still not sure how the Europeans were the creators....

But one hell of an argument against the continued meddling of the grossly incompetent UN in world affairs. We should relocate UN Headquarters to the Gaza Strip.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you smoking? They have the right to defend their people. Just as we should have done in Benghazi!

If we had been conducting proper foreign diplomacy, four Americans never would've died in Benghazi. They'd have never been there in the first place because we wouldn't have been interrogating detainees, trying to track down SAM's and rockets unleashed onto the public at large by insurgents, because we wouldn't have meddled in their internal affairs by working outright to overthrow Gaddafi. Obama didn't allow them to get killed in September, he sealed their fate back in October, 2011. :(

Israel has a right to defend themselves and we should stop meddling in their affairs. That includes restraining them OR backing them. Let them do what they will and deal with the repercussions of their actions themselves.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not tracking you here. The Brits were 'assigned' Palestine as a Mandate by the League of Nations after WWI. Israel was created out of the UN Partition Plan for Palestine in 1947. The 'problem' was created, no surprise, by the UN and it's forerunner. Still not sure how the Europeans were the creators....

But one hell of an argument against the continued meddling of the grossly incompetent UN in world affairs. We should relocate UN Headquarters to the Gaza Strip.

Right after we withdraw from the UN of course.

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This article says it better than I want to type it out, but the UN did not create Israel, just approved and recognized the nation that had already been created/declared/seized. Also, I never said Brits, I said Europeans.

'The reality of the matter is this: The United Nations does not appropriate to itself the authority to create states. The United Nations only authorizes itself to recognize states for membership, states that are formed or proclaimed by the people of said state. The State of Israel was created by the Jewish leaders of the area that became Israel. Period. The United Nations recognized that creation and subsequently admitted Israel to UN membership. While this may seem to be a small distinction, it is salient. '

http://mondoweiss.net/2009/04/wait-the-un-did-not-create-israel.html

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If we had been conducting proper foreign diplomacy, four Americans never would've died in Benghazi. They'd have never been there in the first place because we wouldn't have been interrogating detainees, trying to track down SAM's and rockets unleashed onto the public at large by insurgents, because we wouldn't have meddled in their internal affairs by working outright to overthrow Gaddafi. Obama didn't allow them to get killed in September, he sealed their fate back in October, 2011. :(

Israel has a right to defend themselves and we should stop meddling in their affairs. That includes restraining them OR backing them. Let them do what they will and deal with the repercussions of their actions themselves.

+11111

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will do nothing, like the limp decks we are

What do you want us to do, exactly? Have you bought your plane ticket yet? Looks like a retaliation for the assasination of Ahmed Jabari. If that's the case then Israel got what they asked for. They didn't really think there wouldn't be any repurcussions for that , did they?

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This article says it better than I want to type it out, but the UN did not create Israel, just approved and recognized the nation that had already been created/declared/seized. Also, I never said Brits, I said Europeans.

'The reality of the matter is this: The United Nations does not appropriate to itself the authority to create states. The United Nations only authorizes itself to recognize states for membership, states that are formed or proclaimed by the people of said state. The State of Israel was created by the Jewish leaders of the area that became Israel. Period. The United Nations recognized that creation and subsequently admitted Israel to UN membership. While this may seem to be a small distinction, it is salient. '

http://mondoweiss.net/2009/04/wait-the-un-did-not-create-israel.html

Yeah. I saw that coming. I never said Israel was created by the UN. Israel created itself after the civil war caused by the Arabs after they refused the UN Partition Plan. I said "out of", not by.

So, while you search the 'net to defend your answers, can you find the names of the "European" countries that created Israel? I still don't see those names. I said Brits controlled Palestine, because that is a fact, and I am sticking with your assumption that the Brits are not part of Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom