It seems I've improved my fuel efficiency by 15%

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It takes 8 to 12 hours to get a full tank on a slow fill. You arent going to get a 1/4 tank in 15mins on a slow fill

Dieseltech09 a personal slow fill station at ones house is designed to fill overnight as well as quietly. I believe standard household gas service is 7 ounces. The system at ONG in Clinton is designed to fill there fleet trucks overnight but isn't quiet. It has a larger electric motor to run the compressor. Looking at there meter and regulator set up they have more than standard household service. They don't have any storage capacity. Fast fill stations have storage capacity for CNG. Slow fill stations compress gas directly into your tank.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to drive speed of traffic if there is any. Caint really comment on mileage as my odometer gave up on me six years ago.
Ig, now out here the only person I ever met tracking people if you will was and is the Game ranger for Kiowa County. Who cares out there. In fact last time I got stopped out there I was headed east on 9 west of Gotebo and had been bow hunting on a beautiful day, new years eve in fact. And OHP coming towards me got me. Well, I have said this before on this forum. here. Trooper if I remember correctly Strator or something like that sat with me in the cruiser for half an hour talking about deer hunting on Elk Creek there just SW of Hobart on Lloyd Edges and Indian land. Well, the trooper just said adios and that was it. I was in a very good mood, such a pretty day that I could have cared less. Just sayin''

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't have any storage capacity. Fast fill stations have storage capacity for CNG. Slow fill stations compress gas directly into your tank.
I know all the ends and outs of CNG powered vehicles and fill stations
There is a little more to a slow fill station than just a compressor to fill your tank. They are temp regulated and go through several cycles to achieve maximum fill on the tank over several hours. Regardless of what kind of slow fill system they are using you still aren't going to get a 1/4 fill that quick.

The ONG station in Oklahoma City is a fast fill but it is cheaper than the other stations because they dont have the fuel tax added in like at conventional gas stations. I would guess the one in Clinton is the same way.

How much for a conversion kit? Where are the tank/s located? Who in Central OK does a kit install?

Around 5000 depending on the kit and who does the install. OEM Systems in Kingfisher is who does all of Chesapeake's vehicles. And in Oklahoma the system must be installed a State certified installer and all maintenance work done by a State certified technician .

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much for a conversion kit? Where are the tank/s located? Who in Central OK does a kit install?
We installed a cheap Mexican built CNG kit in a Ford truck first. Since Ford does not have a dedicated system out yet that I know of it was about $5500. POS system, big waste of money. I can get 150 miles for about 9 bucks. Power is down alot and has lots of problems. We had tulsa gas tech install the next two kits on our 2011 chevy's. Chevy has a dedicated system that works way better than the cheap system for the Ford, those kits were $13,000 each. The guys seem to like them and not sure on mileage, tanks take up about half of the bed space. The savings on fuel should pay for the trucks in a few years. Ford needs to get with the program.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know all the ends and outs of CNG powered vehicles and fill stations
There is a little more to a slow fill station than just a compressor to fill your tank. They are temp regulated and go through several cycles to achieve maximum fill on the tank over several hours. Regardless of what kind of slow fill system they are using you still aren't going to get a 1/4 fill that quick.

The ONG station in Oklahoma City is a fast fill but it is cheaper than the other stations because they dont have the fuel tax added in like at conventional gas stations. I would guess the one in Clinton is the same way.

Around 5000 depending on the kit and who does the install. OEM Systems in Kingfisher is who does all of Chesapeake's vehicles. And in Oklahoma the system must be installed a State certified installer and all maintenance work done by a State certified technician .
I understand the cycling of the fill stations, (temperature, pressure) I wasn't going to explain how the fill systems work and all the inner workings, because the OP was discussing how he is saving fuel by driving differently. I visited with Veggie Meat on the phone today for about 20 minutes discussing the fill stations in his area, how the CNG system has worked for over a year now (52,597 miles). I extended an invitation to him to meet up and watch me fill the CNG tank in my truck and I will extend that invitation to you as well. Until you witness the fill up at the ONG office in Clinton, OK where I have filled (partially filled) up somewhere around 250 times, your argument on that fill station is falling on deaf ears to me. I am through derailing the OP. Anybody care to discuss how a CNG system in a dual fuel pick up has served me for over a year, send me a PM.

Latest posts

Top Bottom