It was a great day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddies 10 year old son came out and mowed our 3 acre yard today that was growing up in weeds. He did a good job and I sat in the man cave watching him on the security cams while having a brew. He is wanting to buy a laptop computer with his mowing money, so we are helping him. I can get some pretty good discounts on them through the veteran shopping outlets, so when he gets the savings account built up, we will start looking for some bargains.
Tied a few trout flies in the process of him mowing. Just learning, so some are pretty crude, but it's a learning curve.
Beautiful day out.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a pretty good day. I was behind on my work (reading microscope slides) and managed to catch-up. Cleaned the kitchen three times for my dear wife after she: baked a B-day cake for a family friend; made some cinnamon rolls for us all; made 4 pizzas on our Oni pizza oven. Finishing it off with a long pour Dark and Stormy made with Kraken :-)

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the ada gun show, visited with L.C. for a bit, ran into a couple guys I have not seen in a few years.

I had my smith mod 66 with me, had a lot folks asking to see it, but I think I hurt some feels when they asked me what I wanted for it. I mean I know what I have, its was the cleanest 66 no dash there with the box and papers. LOL it came home with me which is fine.
There was one very clean garand there that was not to far out of line in price.

A few dealers were there I have never seen before, one dealer gave me the no go vibe, just something that my gut said do not to business with.

Some very nice personal collections. I probably would have jumped on a no dash or low dash Mod 29 if I had seen one.

All in all I killed a couple hours, had a decent time, came home fired up the grill, baked a potato, grilled a ribeye and drank some cold beers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom