It was a great day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the ada gun show, visited with L.C. for a bit, ran into a couple guys I have not seen in a few years.

I had my smith mod 66 with me, had a lot folks asking to see it, but I think I hurt some feels when they asked me what I wanted for it. I mean I know what I have, its was the cleanest 66 no dash there with the box and papers. LOL it came home with me which is fine.
There was one very clean garand there that was not to far out of line in price.

A few dealers were there I have never seen before, one dealer gave me the no go vibe, just something that my gut said do not to business with.

Some very nice personal collections. I probably would have jumped on a no dash or low dash Mod 29 if I had seen one.

All in all I killed a couple hours, had a decent time, came home fired up the grill, baked a potato, grilled a ribeye and drank some cold beers.

Was it the Korean War-era Springfield for $1200? That was a nice gun. I thought that was a really great price. If that gun's all correct, which it kinda looked like it might've been, he was probably way too low on the price. I bet that rifle would fetch the better part of $2k on GunBroker.

I may go back today. There was a Judge for $450 I might have to snag if it's still there. It was a polished stainless with the 3" chamber. Never seen one before.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it the Korean War-era Springfield for $1200? That was a nice gun. I thought that was a really great price. If that gun's all correct, which it kinda looked like it might've been, he was probably way too low on the price. I bet that rifle would fetch the better part of $2k on GunBroker.

I may go back today. There was a Judge for $450 I might have to snag if it's still there. It was a polished stainless with the 3" chamber. Never seen one before.
Yup that was the one

Thought about hitting the plastic for a cash advance but I won’t.

It looked all correct but would need to strip it down to take a closer look.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot all about Ada. I had planned to go. Didn't sleep for crap, sinus draining and coughing all night. Couldn't breathe.
Got up at 5 am and moved to recliner. Felt like a bull run over me, all day. Slept most of the day.
Finally, felt slightly better around 8 pm.
Slept fairly well. About as good as normal.

May go fishing today.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great day. We picked up our new pup. Met the breeder in Ponca City.
He is a blast and our big girls are enjoying him as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1448.jpeg
    IMG_1448.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1446.jpeg
    IMG_1446.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1450.jpeg
    IMG_1450.jpeg
    989.8 KB · Views: 0

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a pretty good day. I was behind on my work (reading microscope slides) and managed to catch-up. Cleaned the kitchen three times for my dear wife after she: baked a B-day cake for a family friend; made some cinnamon rolls for us all; made 4 pizzas on our Oni pizza oven. Finishing it off with a long pour Dark and Stormy made with Kraken :-)

😳😳 I would fall over in a dead faint if Grumpy ever helped clean up ... I've been reorganizing the pantry -- my goodness, we are not gonna want for noodles ... Or rice lol ... for a long, long time. 🤷🤦🤣 I've gotta get around and get some more done. I LOVE how the house feels when you can throw open the windows and clean, clean, clean. I'll sleep like a baby tonight. 🤗

Latest posts

Top Bottom