It worked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God is good.

Nice to see folks in a red state willing to put their principles over party politics.

Funny or maybe Sad thing about Moore is that the same folks who were still willing to vote for the alleged serial groper/molester of underage girls, wouldnt have let him get anywhere near the ballot had he been accused of doing those things with a consenting legal age male.

Next year is going to be very painful and quite the eye opener for many single issue voters. Abortion will never be reversed. Homosexuals aren't going back in the closet and gay marriage whether we like it or not is here to stay. The sooner republicans stop trying to use those issues to divide their would be constituents, the better off they'll be. It's a new world full of things that seem quite foreign and in many ways unpleasant to a great many of us. I hate the idea of abortion. But I'm smart enough to know it's not going away. Its high time we were able to vote on issues that actually impact our daily lifes rather than disqualify candidates based on some meaningless litmus test made up of one or two positions that have already been settled.

Alabama did a good thing last night and every father of a daughter who voted for someone other than Moore can look his daughter in the eye today.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
allegations without physical proof is that an allegation
what happened to innocent until proven guilty
That's a presumption at law; it doesn't apply to choosing a candidate in the ballot box. Do you think OJ is innocent? He actually went to trial and was acquitted.

Besides which, we already know Moore is a liar just from his own (very) public statements, and there are plenty of other reasons to not vote for him even if the allegations aren't true.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God is good.

Nice to see folks in a red state willing to put their principles over party politics.

Funny or maybe Sad thing about Moore is that the same folks who were still willing to vote for the alleged serial groper/molester of underage girls, wouldnt have let him get anywhere near the ballot had he been accused of doing those things with a consenting legal age male.

Next year is going to be very painful and quite the eye opener for many single issue voters. Abortion will never be reversed. Homosexuals aren't going back in the closet and gay marriage whether we like it or not is here to stay. The sooner republicans stop trying to use those issues to divide their would be constituents, the better off they'll be. It's a new world full of things that seem quite foreign and in many ways unpleasant to a great many of us. I hate the idea of abortion. But I'm smart enough to know it's not going away. Its high time we were able to vote on issues that actually impact our daily lifes rather than disqualify candidates based on some meaningless litmus test made up of one or two positions that have already been settled.

Alabama did a good thing last night and every father of a daughter who voted for someone other than Moore can look his daughter in the eye today.

Not that I saw Moore as the best candidate, but really; alleged "serial" groper/molester? Was he known for such activity over the last 30 to 40 years or was it just the two or three cases 4 decades ago? While I won't rule him out as a liar, I'm also not going to say that his actions didn't change over time. You say that God is good, so maybe one might consider whether Moore changed rather than judge him entirely on his actions that long ago.

And to say that the other issues will never be reversed, with your attitude on that, they might not. However, when it boils down to a case of a majority of 9 justices making a "law," then that could happen again.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sexual assault allegations aside...

For all the talk of stanch conservatives being pissed off about rogue justices and legislating from the bench, a lot of them sure get a hard-on for a dude who was repeatedly removed from his position for doing WTF ever he wanted. Besides, he got absolutely slaughtered in his own party's primary when running for Governor in 2006 and 2010. He's not exactly the most popular man in Alabama despite how newsworthy he's become.

Doug Jones is actually a pretty reasonable and moderate guy by political party standards. Yesterday's news shouldn't be that surprising.

Last edited:

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sexual assault allegations aside...

For all the talk of stanch conservatives being pissed off about rogue justices and legislating from the bench, a lot of them sure get a hard-on for a dude who was repeatedly removed from his position for doing WTF ever he wanted. Besides, he got absolutely slaughtered in his on party's primary when running for Governor in 2006 and 2010. He's not exactly the most popular man in Alabama despite how newsworthy hes' become.

Doug Jones is actually a pretty reasonable and moderate guy by political party standards. Yesterday's news shouldn't be that surprising.

Yeah, a lot of people like it when the guy going rogue is doing things in line with their politics/beliefs but not so much when it’s going the other way.

I️ applaud anyone, regardless of which side of the aisle they find themselves on, who is willing to call a spade a spade even when it hurts their own cause.
Nothing worse to me than someone who applauds something when their “team” does it, but cries about it when the same thing is being done by the opposition.

Coworker of mine was crying about the fact that his sons team couldn’t have a coach led prayer before a football game. I️ asked him how he’d feel were the coach a Muslim and wanted to lead them in an Islamic prayer- his response,”well that’s different”

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far all we have are allegations against Moore by the democrats and it worked so it will be their operating procedure for some time to come until it's worn out and then they'll come up with something else. The one woman that said she had proof was proved to be a liar but we don't know yet what prompted her to "add" to her yearbook-whether someone paid her or she did it of her own volition. That single act of slander did major damage to Moore's campaign and it is dirty politics. Lyndon B. Johnson ran for the senate in Texas and falsely accused his opponent and won. Had he not engaged in dirty politics, he never would have become president. But dirty is as dirty does.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far all we have are allegations against Moore by the democrats and it worked

Those allegations were there no doubt, but it's a bit dishonest to say that's ALL you have. We have 25 years of his ridiculous judicial history and his previous failed attempts to run for public office in Alabama.

Some were (because of the number of write ins that were recorded), but I'd bet a good number of Jones' supporters were not swing votes that were swayed by the allegations brought forth about his old sexual pursuits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom