Italian in Tulsa ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its just Noodles and bread

This.

My last ex, my daughters mother, her father is Italian and her mother is German. I ate alot of both of their foods the 10 years we were married as well as visiting Germany and Italy twice. My current wife is also part Italian but she doesnt care much for tomatoes or cheese, go figure, so we either dont take her out with us much or we go some where that she can get something she likes. She's part Italian and she likes Olive Garden, their soup/salad/breadsticks is her fave. She's a weird one.

I think Ive eaten at every joint mentioned locally and if I had to choose a place that had good food and also was casual then it would be a Napoli's, the one in BA is my fave, There are several in the area. Alot of the people running the different Napoli's in the area are related too Ive read. We go to Andolini's for the most awesome pizzas. Marys is great. Ti Amos, ok.

Tulsa needs a Buca Di Beppos. Closest one would be in Dallas or Kansas City. We go to our favorite one in San Jose or San Francisco when home in California.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marys is good for date night. A little expensive. Id recommend the Parmesan chicken. The atmosphere is dark and old. It's like grandmas yard sale lace doily and all. People dress up a little to go there. I didn't and was just fine.

Thanks guys, y'all are awesome ('cept you punkin, you're even better. & true dat on noodles and bread, but I'm tryin' to make the best choice).

Well, I was kinda hoping for Mary's but after you say expensive and reading a few more of the reviews online, people say it's big buck-a-roos... so that's probably out.

I'm thinking Oliveto is going to win out based on price, decent food, not the typical everyone-has-been-to-it chain, and closer proximity to my house for dessert ;)

Any more reviews on Oliveto that might help me?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's not terrible but this isn't a date night thing really.

That was presumptious of me. But I just can't fathom other reasons for Italian food out :anyone: As mentioned, it's noodles bread. :D

Carraba's does have a good steak though, even if it is a chain place.

Bigmak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with Napoli's in B.A. for a date. Clean, dark, and good service. Carrabba's on 71st is pretty good and they have an excellent steak.

Napolis In BA is great but only the one in BA and if you go to Carrabbas you gotta have the Marsala .. Best I ever Had ask for extra sauce

Latest posts

Top Bottom