Its after midnight! HAPPY OC DAY!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks. Here's the text of the story:

Gunfire at bar leads to chase

Updated: 7:31 am Published: 7:24 am

A man was arrested after leading police on a chase.

Shortly after 1 a.m. Thursday morning, police were called to the Vegas Club on East Admiral.

Officers arrived and heard a gunshot. Then, they saw a white truck speeding from the parking lot.

They chased him to a QuikTrip next to the Eastside Police Station at 11th and Highway 169.

During the chase, the suspect drove off into a grassy area and blew a front tire.

Officers made the driver get out of the truck with their weapons drawn.

They did find a loaded revolver inside the pickup. Police booked the driver on charges of reckless discharge of a firearm, driving under the influence, and eluding. Police said he did have an open carry permit.

What I don't understand is the "open carry permit" part. Poor reporting or phrasing?

ETA: I went back and read the text in Post #3 above; are CCL's now being called "open carry permits"?

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are being called a license to carry. the old CC permits are valid for the new law, I think the new issue permits will read differently. At least that is the thought process that fox and others are using at this time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom