It's been a crappy week......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the election, the pending layoffs, the economic nose dive, and the general crappy quality of life that we seem to all complain about, the hike in prices for our hobby, and fear that life will never be the same for America....... You have people on this site and others wanting to threaten other Americans for the way they voted in a public election.

Heck when P10 posted the thread called "The Big D" the first thing I thought when I saw it was oh $#!+ another member is getting divorced. I have always been sort of a pessimist but the week has made me worse.

I know its been a crappy week but I want to hear something positive that happened to someone this week or in life in general. The most positive guy I saw on the board this week was a dude who got his melon crushed by a BG in a car. He sounded excited about SOT. All I got is I still have my health my family is all still alive and kickin. So if anyone has some good news or a general positive outlook because its Friday post up we need it. Oh and everyone have a rockin weekend and be safe. Oh and do something good for someone this weekend.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It was payday for me. My wife got a new Ford Explorer, my 8y/o golden survived an emergency hysterectomy. I passed a stress test. Vets day is free or dicounted eats, so ima hogg out. My sister is staying in Colo. My crackhead brother is still in jail. And we're one day closer to something else.

Oh and my new harmonica came in.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the election, the pending layoffs, the economic nose dive, and the general crappy quality of life that we seem to all complain about, the hike in prices for our hobby, and fear that life will never be the same for America....... You have people on this site and others wanting to threaten other Americans for the way they voted in a public election.

Heck when P10 posted the thread called "The Big D" the first thing I thought when I saw it was oh $#!+ another member is getting divorced. I have always been sort of a pessimist but the week has made me worse.

I know its been a crappy week but I want to hear something positive that happened to someone this week or in life in general. The most positive guy I saw on the board this week was a dude who got his melon crushed by a BG in a car. He sounded excited about SOT. All I got is I still have my health my family is all still alive and kickin. So if anyone has some good news or a general positive outlook because its Friday post up we need it. Oh and everyone have a rockin weekend and be safe. Oh and do something good for someone this weekend.

My advice is (and this is no joke) to go and perform some charity work through a church or local non-profit org that sends you to a third-world country (or even somewhere in the US after a natural disaster).

I've been to Haiti and New Orleans (after Katrina) and have done some local tri-state stuff after disasters. I can tell you that it puts some things in perspective for you.

For the first week after I got back from Haiti, I wouldn't take a shower without first sitting in the bottom of the tub with hot water going over my hands thinking about how surreal this was that I had just left a country where this would be considered part of the absolute elite. I gave away nearly everything I had before I left that place - food/meds/clothing - they had much more needs than I did.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the first week after I got back from Haiti, I wouldn't take a shower without first sitting in the bottom of the tub with hot water going over my hands thinking about how surreal this was that I had just left a country where this would be considered part of the absolute elite. I gave away nearly everything I had before I left that place - food/meds/clothing - they had much more needs than I did.

[Broken External Image]

We take much for granted.

Last edited:

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing you listed is reason to have a bad week. You already said you and your family have your health. Believe me when I say this is much more important than which one of two Jacka$$es won the election or what some key board tuffy says on the forum. Never forget to be thankful for your family and their health.

mikey3452

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It always seems like when I'm really down God does for me what I can't do for myself and sends a friend or something that I have to give my time to so I can see the good things, i also am a pessimist.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing much but I gave a lady 50 rounds of 38's. She lives alone and was out, told me she had been out for most of the summer. Well I had a box that I gave her. I have a different caliber we use here, she acted like it was a new car. I told her to never be out again , if she saves the brass I will reload them for her.

We dont have much money but we do what we can to pass along the nice things folks have done for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom