It's Coming: Fear the Walking Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure who it was but I read an interview from someone on the show. In "that world", they have never so much as heard of a zombie. Where for us, they are something we already know about. I think that plays into it. I've kept all the shows on my DVR and will binge watch the whole season soon.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure who it was but I read an interview from someone on the show. In "that world", they have never so much as heard of a zombie. Where for us, they are something we already know about. I think that plays into it. I've kept all the shows on my DVR and will binge watch the whole season soon.

I got it, I got it...and we are all adults arguing about a zombie apocalypse. However, if I saw violent dangerous "people" suddenly running around my neighborhood and, in fact, had to have my life saved by a neighbor who was forced to shoot and kill a crazed murderer in my home. If, furthermore, there appeared to be a widespread or growing problem of same - right in my neighborhood - then I would probably stow my philosophical objections to guns (were I to have any) until after the emergency passed. None of that requires extensive zombie-lore to understand. I also think that some of the characters - like National Guard LT are so poorly written as to be laughable.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got it, I got it...and we are all adults arguing about a zombie apocalypse. However, if I saw violent dangerous "people" suddenly running around my neighborhood and, in fact, had to have my life saved by a neighbor who was forced to shoot and kill a crazed murderer in my home. If, furthermore, there appeared to be a widespread or growing problem of same - right in my neighborhood - then I would probably stow my philosophical objections to guns (were I to have any) until after the emergency passed. None of that requires extensive zombie-lore to understand. I also think that some of the characters - like National Guard LT are so poorly written as to be laughable.

Well said. And if I were the most liberal free-spirited tree-hugging person in the U.S., with a framed picture of James Carville on my living room wall and standing orders to my cable provider to not pipe Fox News into my home, once I saw a cop eating the flesh off another cop's face I have to believe something deep down in my soul would "click" and I would pick up arms and start watching my 6; my 12; my 3; and even my 9:45 for any threat to me or my loved ones and would immediately neutralize that threat. Not so with these characters. Poor writing and poor acting does not a good series make. Maybe they can overcome these first few episodes - I'm rooting for them as I'm a big WD fan - but they've got a long ways to go.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
even my 9:45

Interesting, 9:45, but no 10:12?

*********************************SPOILER***********************

This series has always been more about the human condition than the zombies, it is not 28 days later. I enjoy it for what it is, BUT the last few episodes have been really slow. I liked at the end where travis saw the muzzle flashes in the building where the wife and kid were seeing the mirror signal.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My family is also having a hard time buying into the story. Seems these characters aren't well written at all. They all seem very hollow and one-dimensional. From the stupid teenag-angst daughter to that drug addict having seizures.

ugh

We *want* to like this show. we need something between seasons of walking dead. But we all end the show looking at each other like "WTF just happened? - that was so stupid!"

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Funny you mention the LT.

He reminds me of "Lt Clayton Moore" of the National Guard in Rambo.

Anyone else think that his troops fragged him in the library?

Dave

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I'm done defending the show. Last night was awful. What was with the step-son checking out his step sister. Just awkward as all get out. 2 more weeks until the real deal is back on air though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom