It's Coming: Fear the Walking Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, I think he was fragged or a victim of friendly fire. I thought the show was a little better than last week, if you ignore the potential incest between the step siblings. The black guy in the camp played his part like a modern day Satan. He was by far the best actor of the night. I know the show is about the living dead, but that doesn't give the writers license to abandon all logic. Why would they provide food and medical care to the civilians if they planned on killing them in the end? I had the Latin guy pegged as a former MS13 gang member from the start.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got no problem with the barber. I think he did what he needed to find out the information. I know if it was my wife, I wouldn't be just asking nicely where she was.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The step sibs- I don't really have an issue with that. They didn't grow up together, they barely know each other, and they are both older teens. More like co-workers or kids of separate parents. No relation and he felt/looked awkward about it, he didn't exactly put a move on her.

REALLY going slow, getting tired of not seeing any action. I would have preferred to see mass hysteria.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got no problem with the barber. I think he did what he needed to find out the information. I know if it was my wife, I wouldn't be just asking nicely where she was.

Same here. If it was my wife, skinning a Private would only be the beginning....

It's going to be interesting to see what happens when the army pulls out. Nice filler until TWD starts...

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW - I witnessed what happens when a soldier is kidnapped or disappears. If the unit were as sinister as the writers are attempting to portray, they would have ripped the safe zone apart looking for him -- sorry another swing and a miss.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what I think is a bigger problem - there is really no reason being presented for "the fall of civilization" that we are supposed to be seeing. I thought that the relative stability that had been established was probably sustainable at least for more than just a few weeks. The most interesting thing I heard was actually the kidnapped soldier's story about the disaster in the arena. I could see that happening out of SOP and ignorance.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW - I witnessed what happens when a soldier is kidnapped or disappears. If the unit were as sinister as the writers are attempting to portray, they would have ripped the safe zone apart looking for him -- sorry another swing and a miss.

Not in this context. The Army is falling apart and troops are deserting every day...and they alluded to that in this same episode.

Troop goes missing? Just another one who decided his family was more important...

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not in this context. The Army is falling apart and troops are deserting every day...and they alluded to that in this same episode.

Troop goes missing? Just another one who decided his family was more important...

Perhaps, but I come back to - what is making everything collapse? There seems to be a practical way to deal with walkers. A mess - yes, lots of dead - yes, everything disintegrating right away - no way. BTW - don't the Georgia survivors seem a lot saavier than the California ones, so far?

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't start watching The Walking Dead till well after the first season. Did it start this slow?

Definitely not - it had one of the best premier episodes of any series in recent memory, and kept getting stronger after that first one. I've finally decided what it is that bugs me about FTWD - it's a show written and produced by the same team who does TWD; why doesn't it equal the greatness of TWD? I believe it's because the writers and producers have gotten too big for their britches. What they created in TWD and all the success it's generated has given them all big heads; now they're exploring their esoteric "feelings" in FTWD and have thought way too much about this storyline and characters. At the risk of not wanting to duplicate TWD they have gone way too far the other direction and given us a Broadway play set in the emerging zombie apocalypse. They completely lost sight of the elements that make TWD so great and I'm afraid it's too late to correct it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom