It's getting close to Wanamaker time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So for the past several years, my buddy and I always ate at Fat Guy's Burger over on Greenwood, but last year it was horrible. They appeared to have new owners and were horribly understaffed.

What about the other locations in Tulsa?
I think the one on Greenwood closed; haven't tried the others. I always loved it, but it's been several years.

You could try Hooligan Bros. It's not too far from the Fairgrounds. Get the chili cheeseburger. And for the love of all things good, perhaps even Holy, get the cottage fries with gravy. Trust me.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot_20231106-162823~2.png

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my best advise as a local. I live only 5 minutes away and find that if you live local or are visiting and staying in a hotel take a Uber to the show. The fairgrounds have a lot of parking but the last time that I drove I spent almost 30 minutes finding a parking spot and then had a long walk to the door. Spend a couple of bucks and Uber in.

I have been going to the show for years and years. I always park on the West side where the trucks and campers are. Never had a problem finding a spot. 3-5 minute walk to the driller side door.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard in the past that the only real deals are to be had if you're a vendor and get to pick things over before the general public. How much truth to that?

I almost always find a decent deal or two and I'm usually a Sunday goer.

But this is the first time I will have a table. I have a couple of specific items I'm looking for so I will let you know if there are super secret deals on Friday. :-)

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s pretty well understood that you won’t get through the show, even if yo spend two days. Not sure if it exists, but it would be great if there was a source for the locations of various vendors and their products. it would save a lot of time when looking for specialty parts, vendors of quality scopes, knives, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom