Its that time, I need to change of industry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been an industrial electrician since I was 18 and it's time for a change. I can see my future in the industry and I'm not happy with it. Anybody got any good suggestions for a new career? Minimum yearly starting needs to be 40k'ish

I'm trying to run hot shots but every time I think my equipment is good to go something new breaks and I'm not able to make a run so that tells me I'm probably not supposed to do that either.

So what do you guys do for a living? I need a career I can put up with until I retire.

The wife and I are also discussing moving to another part of the state, anybody aware of good places to work in the OKC, Edmond area?

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OILFIELD! Make 3 times that with minimal edjumacation and traynun...

I should have stated this.... I'm trying to not cripple myself before I'm 40, I've got too many injuries from my current position. A desk job would be awesome but probably not going to happen.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have stated this.... I'm trying to not cripple myself before I'm 40, I've got too many injuries from my current position. A desk job would be awesome but probably not going to happen.

Heck man, I sit in a trailer all day and watch computers, not much potential for injury, I hear ya though, figured that wasn't the type of job you were working for

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Heck man, I sit in a trailer all day and watch computers, not much potential for injury, I hear ya though, figured that wasn't the type of job you were working for

I could do that.

When I think oil field I think about all the electrical work I've installed at oilfield sites and it was to say the least rough.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Avation, if you have time and the money start flying. Im heading towards a career in life flight, Just working on my flying time, Your looking around 17k-30k for the training but starts around 90k. There are alot of local guys looking for pilots as well for hire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom