Its that time, I need to change of industry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolang1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About three years ago I had to make an industry change. I had been in the oilfield many years ago, so that was a logical choice. I have a chemical background. I developed a method for turning Scotch into urine. Turns out I'm pretty good at it. I now work in an oilfield lab. Best job I ever had.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I lost my office job. I had worked in the accounting/auditing field for almost 20 years. I made a good living but life behind a desk was mind numbing. I decided to make a change and do something completely different. I'm working in the Utility sector as an operator and love it. It's moderately hard work but nothing I can't handle. It's challenging and different. I love it and feel blessed to be working for a great company and be given an opportunity at this stage of my life. Good luck to you!

C

Clay

I hadn't thought about doing it as a profession but I have actually done some design in the past as a hobby. Any advice on where has the best classes?
OSU in Okmulgee is where I went back in 87-91. I actually was in the Civil Construction program but that included 2 CADD classes. They do have an AutoCADD program though. My 2 classes got me qualified for the job I ended up with since construction was dead when I graduated. The CADD program there is very highly recognized by many in the industry. Here at ODOT we recruit from OSU Okmulgee. I lived there on campus and it was some of the best years of my life...I actually miss it now even though at the time I was so ready to get out and start making money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom