IWB Holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for an IWB holster for a midsize 1911 prefer the one with the loops that buckle outside your pants around your belt. Suggestions, price and where to get one?

clarkbe9980

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crossbreed Super Tuck Delux. They are about $70 and you have to wait about a month to get it but it is worth it. They make every one by hand and they have a life time warrenty. They are very comfortable. I carry my Glock 22 in one and I hardly know it is on.

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll second the Crossbreed SuperTuck, great holster, very comfortable. I managed to walk in to OPS and just pick one up, so look around, you may not have to wait!

SoonerShots

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crossbreed Super Tuck Delux, I carry my glock 27 in one with a laser grip, it's fantastic. Last but not least i'm heavy so I have some extra in my wastband lol. But it's still the most comfortable carry solution, I've found.

Good luck.

slide

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I normally wear 36 waist size and can carry with those size pants. I bought a pair of 38 waist and it made it a little more comfortable. When I bought my crossbreed I also bought one of their belts. A little pricey but worth it. It made a lot of improvement. That dude from Thunder Ranch has a saying. Carrying concealed is not comfortable but it is comforting. After a while you will get used to it. The summer is the worst time.

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a full size XD9 IWB, I haven't had to get new pants yet , although they did change the cut of the jeans I wear and the new ones are too small to wear comfortably with the holster, but the old jeans are fine. YMMV.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a full size XD9 IWB, I haven't had to get new pants yet , although they did change the cut of the jeans I wear and the new ones are too small to wear comfortably with the holster, but the old jeans are fine. YMMV.

I HATE when they do that! I used to buy Levi's by the number, then they go screwing with all the fits and discountining my 567s. Took me a while to find the 557 at JC Penney which are similar, but not as loose.

angsniper, I wear a 34, but I wear it loosely so I didn't go up a size with my IWB. I simply loosened my belt a notch. If you wear some snug pants (like Levi's 517 slim boot cut), you'll need to go up.

To the Original Poster: For a snap holster, Don Hume has a couple inexpensive models that may work - like the PCCH. Do you want a holster where the snaps our outside the gun, like a Versa Max II, or on top of the gun like a Summer Special?

Also, you guys may want to try a Remora. It's clipless, using high-friction rubber to hold the holster up. Sounds, weird, but works and is super comfortable. I have carried an all steel 9mm (Hi Power, so same size as a 1911 Commander) with 15 rounds loaded, and had no issues with shifting or the holster wanting to fall. I highly recommend them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom