IWB Holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 is always a winner!
However, I really prefer the K&D Maverick Defender....it has an adjustable cant belt loop tab and is well made.
The last time I looked at K&D's website tho' I did not see it listed any longer....either I overlooked it or it's a "custom order only" affair.
Either way I love the holster!

A lot of folks prefer the Summer Special 2 and it is a good holster but I like the stability of the VM2 better.

The Milt Sparks stuff usually takes about 16 weeks to deliver but they are definitely worth it....and they last forever.

Lou Alessi makes great stuff too!

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 is always a winner!
However, I really prefer the K&D Maverick Defender....it has an adjustable cant belt loop tab and is well made.
The last time I looked at K&D's website tho' I did not see it listed any longer....either I overlooked it or it's a "custom order only" affair.
Either way I love the holster!

A lot of folks prefer the Summer Special 2 and it is a good holster but I like the stability of the VM2 better.

The Milt Sparks stuff usually takes about 16 weeks to deliver but they are definitely worth it....and they last forever.

Lou Alessi makes great stuff too!

I still have the SS2 I got from you. It's the main one I use.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for an IWB holster for a midsize 1911 prefer the one with the loops that buckle outside your pants around your belt. Suggestions, price and where to get one?

TADA! Designed by the late Bruce Nelson, originally for the 1911 platform if I am not mistaken, and now made by Milt Sparks Gun leather, is the classic IWB holster that you have described here...the Summer Special. (SS II now). Brownells or Gunbroker; usually in stock at around $99.00. True, the Versa Max (and clones) don't move around as much, where the the SS will shift a bit when you sit down better; that's not necesssarily a bad thing; in fact, I prefer it. I don't care for the big-ass wide body rigs like the Versa Max and clones and all the various hybrids like Crossbreeed, Inbreed, or whatever...

Summer Special: The IWB holster with loops as you describe. A classic holster for a classic pistol. At $99 and usually in stock, why settle for anything less?

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A few things to consider:
Does the holster collapse upon removal of the gun?(if you care to try and reholster one handed)
Can the holster be used in different positions? (1, 3, 4oclock position)
Is it comfortable, will you use it?

Avman63

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered a White Hat Max Tuck last week. After comparing to the Crossbreed and the Comp Tac Minotaur MTAC the Max Tuck just looked like a better deal. You can change the Kydex out if you carry more than 1 type of gun and it has more adjustment holes. They have a 2 Week "Try it FREE" Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom