Jackass neighbors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pretty standard city lot, and am probably going to have to do this over my back fence. Neighbor didnt want to split cost of new fence, tore mine down, went to start on the new one and she put one just on the other side of it while my posts were setting. All kind of crap is growing between now, trees etc, pushing on my fence. Plan on putting a nice fence up soon, will probably do it then so I can tear all that **** out, assuming its on the line or on my side.

Keep in mind this Okla Law:

http://penceandreddy.com/wp/?p=36

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pretty standard city lot, and am probably going to have to do this over my back fence. Neighbor didnt want to split cost of new fence, tore mine down, went to start on the new one and she put one just on the other side of it while my posts were setting. All kind of crap is growing between now, trees etc, pushing on my fence. Plan on putting a nice fence up soon, will probably do it then so I can tear all that **** out, assuming its on the line or on my side.

This brings up a good point... what can you do if you have 2 fences back-to-back like that? I mean... you can't mow in-between them, or even weedeat. Pouring stuff between to kill off anything growing is a pain, but probably all you can do. Diesel? Salt? Basic weedkiller? Don't want to run afoul of EPA and/or local .gov regs, but leaving stuff in there to allow vermin and bugs to get out of control or to destroy your fence seems like a helluva crappy solution, too.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This brings up a good point... what can you do if you have 2 fences back-to-back like that? I mean... you can't mow in-between them, or even weedeat. Pouring stuff between to kill off anything growing is a pain, but probably all you can do. Diesel? Salt? Basic weedkiller? Don't want to run afoul of EPA and/or local .gov regs, but leaving stuff in there to allow vermin and bugs to get out of control or to destroy your fence seems like a helluva crappy solution, too.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_91970-446-0430510_0__?productId=3047321

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's only been 5-6 years, and will probably be taken care of in the next year or two. As far as between the fences, my property is lower, so to hide their nasty chain link, mine sites a few inches up, both to hide the chain link, and keep bottom from rotting, so I am able to get weedeater head right up against it, cutting everything back a few inches, with the exception of course of the trees that are coming up. I trim them, so technically, I guess you could say I maintain that area, retaining adverse possession.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I read that article, if you contest their use, but don't do anything to stop it (like a survey, etc.), then they can claim ownership. But if you don't contest it, like you just say, "Sure, go ahead and use it" you can retain ownership? lol I mean, it says it has to be contested squatting, doesn't it? lol

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of neighbors and fences... neighbors on both sides of me want to put gates inour backyard fences to connect our yards... so when they smell the smoker, they can walk right over! lol

One guy next to us, he and I talked about tearing down the fence and building a huge communal shop building for guns and other toys. lol Only about half-joking./

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One day I was out mowing, before I moved to the hood...long story.

All of a sudden an arrow hit right in front of me...what the ?????
I looked up , seen one head , two heads , three , four over the 6' fence>

I said what the you kids doing , dont you know were under attack by Indians , run for your lives

They started cracking up, I ask ..You need some help keeping those arrows below the fence line.

They said ...Sure , I spent the rest of the after noon shootin arrows... ;)

Had to mow after dark ...Oh well.

I about choked on my delicious H&H cafe Roast Beef. That was funny.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Interesting read. I have 160 acres, south and west boundary is road, so no problem unless eminent domain bites me.
Good neighbor on the north decided a new fence was in order. Put up new barbed wire fence 4 ft NORTH of old fence. After fence was completed, contacted me to say, "I put up a new fence so you can take your old fence down." OK by me, 1/2 mile of new fence and I have a bunch of t-post to do other things I had planned.

I get the old fence down and good neighbor to the east starts a new fence 4ft east of the old fence. After fence is complete, I get a call saying, "You can take out that old fence now."

Without dispute (all 3 properties are long time family owned, foresee no sales anytime soon), I have 4ft by 1 mile of new pasture with new fence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom