Jackass neighbors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The neighbor on the left side of us built a privacy fence on his side of a chain link fence that the wife says belongs to her property as it runs down the entire length of our football field size back yard and the fencing matches our side gates and the rest of fencing at the end that goes down and around the right corner and stops over at our very far back right corner where the right side neighbor on the other side of us had connected a privacy fence. A storm a few years ago blew that down and he put up a new chain link fence up between our yards and didnt ask for a penny. We're buddies and I have no problem paying half of anything but he has never asked as the fence that went down was his. I later put up privacy fence myself at the back of our yard on the inside the chain link so as not to get into with the other neighbors bordering our back side who we dont know well at all. Then my wife says that the neighbor on the left side when he built his privacy fence on the inside of the chain link that he 'gave' her the 3-6 inches or so in between the fences. What I would call 'no mans land'. Well now years later, Ive been here 11 years and this 'deal' was done several years before I came along, there are some small trees that have been growing up in between the fences and theyre getting bigger and bigger every year, like in they might grow into or knock over portions of his privacy fence some day, the old chain link fence on our side wont be bothered by them. And theyre coming from those 3-6" that he 'gave' to the wife. Theyre really cool long time neighbors and it wouldnt be a big deal if something did happen but Im from the 'dont-trust-too-many-people' camp so Im thinking I may just go ahead and cut down those little trees in between with the chain saw this fall when the folliage from them is all gone and I can see to do it better before they grow into bigger trees. Being proactive.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is the kind of thing that causes realtor nightmares LOL

No shite. My wife buys stuff its usually for life me not so much, everything I own practically is always for sale for the right price, the result of being raised by a car dealer father and a banker mother. So if we were to sell the place this 3-6" might become a problem later. Im of the impression that it wasnt a legal 'deal' anyways so when he built the privacy fence on the inside of the chain link that the 3-6" of no mans land created in between the 2 fences was still his legal property, he cant just give it away like that I wouldnt think, so if any trees grow up in between the 2 fences to me he actually should own those trees and if they were to damage his newly created privacy fence then it would be his problem. Buttt Im a cool guy and will honor the 'neighbor deal' and will cut the trees down so it doesnt cause damage to his fence, its the neighborly thing to do. Waaa.

Latest posts

Top Bottom