Jackass neighbors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just FYI for you all 15 years is the time it take for someone to claim adverse possession in the state of Oklahoma, and they can't just say this is mine now.
They have to be able to prove to a Judge if the owner decides to take it the courts that it was held openly, notorious, hostile and exclusive possession of the property for an uninterrupted and continuous period of fifteen years.

Some of you with large parcels really need to keep an eye on your fence lines, I've seen more than one ******* slowly move fences a little at a time increasing theirs and decreasing yours, and let me tell you, it always ends badly.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm generally a nice guy. I'd give the shirt off my back for most folks here.

As Robert Herjaveck says "Do not mistake my kindness for weakness"

I am sure I can have a fun time watching steam roll out of his ears. I'm done being Mr. nice neighbor at this point. he can KMA

This is the same guy that, upon seeing my daughter riding her electric scooter down his road, said "you'd get some needed exercise if you rode a bike or something" - My daughter is like most teenage girls. She has a complex about being thin, pretty and generally liked. She's not thin, but by no means chubby. His remarks sent her home crying though. I was ready to punch him in the dentures at that point.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live just outside of a small SW Oklahoma town on 30 acres. I have neighbors in the area, most of whom are very nice and people I've known pretty well for a long time. My newest neighbors next to me are an older couple who are as nice as they can be, but they had a middle-aged son who came to live with them. He was never a problem, just kind of looked at us weird if he was outside, which was seldom. We knew he had some emotion problems, and one day we came home from work to deputies, ambulance, etc. - he had shot himself to death in their house. Not a problem for us, but quite an ordeal for his parents tying up all the loose ends from his life.

We've never had any problems and I help them occasionally with work around their house. Our boundary dispute is that he thinks a pretty good portion of his land is on our side of the line. If they ever sell out before we do I will tell the new owner where the correct line is because I wouldn't want anyone to think I have been trying to beat the old couple out of their land.

Cedar Creek

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm generally a nice guy. I'd give the shirt off my back for most folks here.

As Robert Herjaveck says "Do not mistake my kindness for weakness"

I am sure I can have a fun time watching steam roll out of his ears. I'm done being Mr. nice neighbor at this point. he can KMA

This is the same guy that, upon seeing my daughter riding her electric scooter down his road, said "you'd get some needed exercise if you rode a bike or something" - My daughter is like most teenage girls. She has a complex about being thin, pretty and generally liked. She's not thin, but by no means chubby. His remarks sent her home crying though. I was ready to punch him in the dentures at that point.

Shark tank LOL we like that show.

You should've sicked your wife on the neighbor. My younger daughter wouldn't have said anything my older one is like me and would've reminded him of his mortality while simultaneously telling him to Eff off. LOL

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an old guy from New Hampshire that moved next door to is when I was 13 or so.

Some friends and I were thrown a football in the front yard and landed in his yard. He came out and told us if we go on his yard again to get it he was going to shoot us. That was the first of many arguments between my parents and him.

Did he ever shoot anybody?
Similar thing happened in Lawton some 35 years ago. Neighborhood kids were playing football in the street, ball went over the old guy's fence, kid went to get the ball, old guy came out on the porch with a .30-'06, kid dead in the street. True story.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the acreage.

I have a pretty standard city lot, and am probably going to have to do this over my back fence. Neighbor didnt want to split cost of new fence, tore mine down, went to start on the new one and she put one just on the other side of it while my posts were setting. All kind of crap is growing between now, trees etc, pushing on my fence. Plan on putting a nice fence up soon, will probably do it then so I can tear all that **** out, assuming its on the line or on my side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom