Jimmy was not a friend of Firearm owners.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And during that time you could get a mortgage at only 16-19%.
We bought a house in March 1979
6% interest.

I had moved to Houston for a new job in Oct '78. Soon as I went to work, got pre-approved for mortgage, locked in for 6 months. When we signed, the mortgage company wasn't happy. They sold the mortgage 2 months later.

Was looking to buy a Jeep in Aug '81. Chrysler finance wanted 22% interest. Their sales push was 0% down. Insanity

Dad had a CD, $10k @14.4% for 10 years.
He tried to renew, but they would only do 4.5%

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And during that time you could get a mortgage at only 16-19%.
That was the time to save, not borrow! Lol!

Some of those mortgage rates now, might push property values down to a more respective level.

With almost the past 20 years of loaning money for almost free, got values all wacked out too high!

Surely would not hurt my feelings to cut my property valuation in half!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peanut is an idiot and was a piss poor President

Pedo Joe is a brain dead puppet

Odumbo set out to purposely destroy America from day one (he said it, if you listen to him) and was fairly successful. Making him #1 absolutely worst. He is the Pedo puppeteer.

Thomas Sowell had quite a bit to say about Obumba. In fact, I couldn't even choose just which video to post here, so I'll just give everyone a link to the YouTube videos by Sowell.

Thomas Sowell on Barack Obama

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a house in March 1979
6% interest.

I had moved to Houston for a new job in Oct '78. Soon as I went to work, got pre-approved for mortgage, locked in for 6 months. When we signed, the mortgage company wasn't happy. They sold the mortgage 2 months later.

Was looking to buy a Jeep in Aug '81. Chrysler finance wanted 22% interest. Their sales push was 0% down. Insanity

Dad had a CD, $10k @14.4% for 10 years.
He tried to renew, but they would only do 4.5%
I was in the mortgage business from 1978 - 2002. I believe your memory regarding a 6% mortgage rate may be inaccurate unless there was something very unusual about your mortgage transaction. Here is the Freddie Mac rate history from that time.

1677031788384.png

Attachments

• 1677032024870.png
    1677032024870.png
    35 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Top Bottom