Judge blocks new ATF rule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Little battles is how the left has reduced our gun rights, one little battle at a time.

Exactly. And it happened over decades. We could learn a thing or two about tactics, regarding a lot of things political, from the left.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.22 RF sub sonic in a bolt gun rifle doesn't even make the PFFFT.
But that is the exception to every other caliber.
When I'm shooting at the 100 yard bay at our range, I can hear the folks shooting suppressors at the 300 yard bay only separated by a berm.
Sonic crack then a whoosh.
By no means silent.
I have a .22 suppressor and some sub-sonic ammo I'm itching to try out. I saw a guy shooting one on YouTube and it really was whisper quiet but my .45 with a suppressor was none too quiet. They should really be called hearing protectors. It's just BS anyway, I have yet to read about a crime committed with a suppressor.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a .22 suppressor and some sub-sonic ammo I'm itching to try out. I saw a guy shooting one on YouTube and it really was whisper quiet but my .45 with a suppressor was none too quiet. They should really be called hearing protectors. It's just BS anyway, I have yet to read about a crime committed with a suppressor.
Back in the "gangster days" suppressors were in common use. That is why the gubberment decided to regulate them. Required for hunting in some European countries.
Doesn't matter that they are not quiet, hollywood BS rules.
The bills presented before congress have always included the nomenclature that it's a hearing protection bill, but in the weeks before, it seems there is always some wierdo that wants to shoot up a school or something.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. And it happened over decades. We could learn a thing or two about tactics, regarding a lot of things political, from the left.
I'm not a smoker but it really got going with cigarettes. OK you can't smoke on a plane, that's fair, then a restaurant, ok not a bad idea. Jump ahead 20 years now they are smoking Nazi's. If you smoke you gotta go hide somewhere and you're not even human. Then the govt wants their cut, more and more tax, almost 9 bucks a pack now. If they're so damn evil why not outlaw them? Cuz they want that revenue. Just shows how incrementalism works though. Barney was right Andy, give em an inch they'll take a mile.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I follow that guy he's good. I quit that annoying "Armed Scholar" knob. Every 5 minutes he post a clickbait "breaking news" thumbnail on his YouTube channel. Last video of his I watched never even touched on the topic stated in his thumbnail.

I agree. WK doesn’t just read the text of the ruling, he also offers some commentary on what the various provisions of the ruling mean. Armed Scholar started out well early in his YT career, but I feel the quality of his videos has fallen off quite a bit since. He also talks much faster than any other YT author I’ve ever seen - I’d have no clue what he was saying if it wasn’t for the captioning, and even that sometimes falls behind his rapid-fire delivery.

Regarding the temporary injunction, hurrah. But I found it curious that the ruling mentioned the potential inability of a gun owner to acquire a FFL as being grounds for appeal of the ATF’s “engaged in the business” rule. I do not think it should be necessary for a gun owner to have to acquire a FFL to add to or dispose of his/her personal collection, just for the record; but I’m uncertain what could prevent such an owner from acquiring a FFL. Is it cost-prohibitive such that it discriminates against persons in lower- or fixed-income brackets?

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.22 RF sub sonic in a bolt gun rifle doesn't even make the PFFFT.
But that is the exception to every other caliber.
When I'm shooting at the 100 yard bay at our range, I can hear the folks shooting suppressors at the 300 yard bay only separated by a berm.
Sonic crack then a whoosh.
By no means silent.
My 300 Whisper or my .308 with subsonics is "pffft" quiet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom