Federal judge smacks the ATF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once all these "rules" have been successfully challenged...a class action lawsuit against the DOJ would be in order. Between the folks who paid an unlawful tax on sbr's, and monetary loss from getting rid of braces and having to replace with new uppers/stocks, bumpstocks etc. Perhaps it would be enough pressure to finally do something about the ATF.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once all these "rules" have been successfully challenged...a class action lawsuit against the DOJ would be in order. Between the folks who paid an unlawful tax on sbr's, and monetary loss from getting rid of braces and having to replace with new uppers/stocks, bumpstocks etc. Perhaps it would be enough pressure to finally do something about the ATF.

As explained by the Armed Attorneys in the video below, the DOJ has sovereign immunity, so they can't be sued for damages. That (irreparable harm) is one of the reasons for the court to grant the injunction; if they could be sued to recover the lost monetary value, the injunction might not have been granted.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, at this point with or without sovereign immunity, a personal or class action suit against the govt is like pissing into the wind. One of the pieces of advice my Grandfather gave me when I started in business is that you can’t beat an inside man, and that’s exactly what it would be like trying to sue the FEDERAL govt in FEDERAL court.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's funny is that even if you could sue the US Government for damages/monetary loss, and somehow win, would would still have to pay them taxes on the money they gave you. looking at a notable case, it looks like over 30% too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom