July Practical Rifle Match at Oil Capital

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is considered a practical rifle?

EDIT: This is what is shown on their website, I not haz one.

aocrgc.com_sites_default_files_images_tacticoolAR15.jpg

Would a semi-auto open sight .22 count?

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is considered a practical rifle?

EDIT: This is what is shown on their website, I not haz one.

aocrgc.com_sites_default_files_images_tacticoolAR15.jpg

Would a semi-auto open sight .22 count?

Oil Capital's webmaster has a tweaky sense of humor, hence the excessively loaded out gun that he found somewhere in the ether. He was chuckling like a jolly elf when he found that pic of a loaded out "tacticool" AR; he couldn't help himself. If you could carry it (and shoulder it) I suppose you could shoot it in the match.

If you mean .22LR, then no, there isn't currently a division for them. The guys shoot virtually anything. Garand's, M-1 Carbines and others have made it out. Lots of AK's and AR-15 variants.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool thanks, I should be able to make it.

I have seen 22's out there. You just need a mag that holds at 15 or more capicity.(At least 3 mags).

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We now have a rimfire division. And yes there will be a Match July 2nd. The weather is looking to be hot (big surprise) but there is always plenty of shade.
Dave

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We now have a rimfire division. . . .
Dave

That's good to know; perhaps a number of shooters will join in.

Unfortunately I've been unable to find time to shoot PDR matches myself the last many months. Too much time spent rebuilding the Oil Capital facility after last year's tornado damage and not yet completely finished with parts of it. Several more recent matches missed due to shoulder rotator cuff injury. It stinks when you have to look at rifles (and ammo ready to boot) that you know you can't shoot for the next several months due to a funked up shoulder.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Buzz we miss you at the Matches and are hoping you will be able to return soon. I announced at the last match that September will be the 4th anniversary and asked everyone to spread the word. I hope we can beat our current record of 44 shooters.
Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom