Just a few of my ideas for curbing gun violence.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't fall into the trap of "gun violence."

THIS is what I scream at the TV everytime I hear that term.

Why does "gun" violence deserve it's own category and Presidential attention? Let's address the root causes of violence in our society, not the symptoms.

We have to refuse to operate in the box they have created around this issue.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with your thought process not fitting with the system and most likely never will is:

You are trying to inject logic and common sense into the methods that might be a real solution to the problem. This is no longer allowed in the United States of America governmental system.

That is why the post office still sells rolls of stamps rolled backward so that only a left handed person can make them work without opening them up and re-rolling them all the way through so they come out right side up. Their job is to find the least effective and most expensive way to do anything and then making it law that it has to be done that way.

lilboots

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is why the post office still sells rolls of stamps rolled backward so that only a left handed person can make them work without opening them up and re-rolling them all the way through so they come out right side up.

O I see how it is, someone does something for us lefties, and you want it changed. Maybe the root cause of the gun violence is us lefties being discriminated against all the time. LOL

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Don't fall into the trap of "gun violence." If you're going to impose a life sentence for using one tool to murder, impose the same sentence for every tool used to murder. Murder is murder is murder. The tool matters not.

I agree.

And I can't agree with capital punishment. Over 300 people have been released from prison for offenses they didn't commit. Something like a quarter of them were on Death Row. Are you prepared to execute an innocent person?

I don't agree.

Personally, I don't think incarceration should be a punishment in the first place. Just a holding place until conviction. You steal - you replace + extra, you commit minor violent crime - public flogging, you murder or rape - you get executed.

More complex than that, but that's the gist of it.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother told me this a couple days ago and Im still kicking the idea around in my head. His argument summed up is as follows:

He believes for the most part that diversity hurts democracy. Outside of just blacks and whites, does the policy of taking in nearly anyone and everyone contributed to where we are now? Is this where our extreme PC-ness has developed from? Being so divided that looking after nearly every possible viewpoint allows for nothing substantial to be accomplished. If the demographics of our society were more streamlined the term "common values" would actually mean something.

I can see where he is coming from but IMO the "bleeding heart" mentality used with our economics policies is our biggest problem. Political correctness regardless of its origin prevents the type of honest discussion we need to solve our greatest issues including violence and the prison system.

I have been reading into this and want to see what you guys think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom