Just a question for the masses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading most of the open carry threads people always say that open carry will make CC easier for them. By that I mean everyone is worried about "printing" or part of the gun showing. I do understand what the law says. I also understand that the speed limit is 65 and many of those same people drive faster than that.

So my question is has anyone ever gotten a ticket? Their CCL suspended? Or been fined for "printing" or letting their weapon be accidentally exposed?

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My personal opinion is if you do happen to expose the weapon or print in front of someone whether it be a LEO or gun hating individual. Its not the end of the world. As long as you present yourself in a unsuspecting manner and are polite to the LEO's if such an instance were to occur then i sure hope they would just say keep an eye on it.

Now that being said this isn't a perfect world and you know even if this bill does pass it may just make more of the gun shy people out there a little more aware of people around them which in the big scheme of things isn't at all a bad thing.

But like i said if someone came up to me and said something about my weapon printing or even showing i would just reply thanks i'll be more careful and go about my business. But i also try my best to keep my situational awareness up and also try not to end up in a situation where my firearm can be exposed without a real quick casual tug of the shirt can't fix.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not every one who sees you with your gun freaks out. Ive had one or two helpful people whisper to me that my shirt is up and I'm 'showing',err, printing. Never had a cop or have never been turned in. Ive actually been asked if I am a cop before by someone who saw the outline thru my shirt. I'm pretty careful though most of the time when out and about,always double checking.

(I wont carry open personally,but I'm all for it as an option. People arent going to be running out in droves I dont imagine just to get permits to carry open. And the current CC holders,the ones I know anyways,most likely wont all carry open. A few will.)

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
never heard of anyone getting one, i would guess it would be like a warning, like when your speeding?:anyone:

I would assume that most officers would check to see if youve got a permit and then tell you that your printing and to be more careful.

I'm sure theres a few out there who would jump at the chance to throw everything but the kitchen sink at you for it, but they do that for any minor deal.

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think everyone gives the general public way to much credit,people do not pay attention to you the way you think and their sure not looking at your waist hard enough to detect a gun.And that includes most off duty LEO.If your that worried about it being detected wear a vest,because I can assure that other then other gun people ,nobody has a clue why someone might be wearing it.

rcnich

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would make a distinction between inadvertently showing an otherwise concealed weapon and "brandishing" a weapon in a "look at what I've got" manner.

The former shouldn't get anyone in trouble. The latter is a crime.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll likely move to an OWB pancake style holster for comfort if/when this goes into effect, but I will make some effort to keep it out of 'plain sight'.

I have no desire to make everyone blatantly aware of my sidearm, but it would be nice to have it showing (in a situation that warranted it) and it not be a crime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom