Just got my first 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GusMan405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I just picked up my first ever 1911. I was on limited funds due to have a 2 year old girl and another little one on the way. I got lucky and found that H&H had a couple Ruger 1911's in stock. From the reviews I read the ruger has the features and quality of a $1000+ plus 1911. I have put about 100 flawless rounds through it. I absolutely love it.

Does anyone else have any experience or opinion on the Ruger SR1911? I would love to hear what others had to say.

Needless to say... After getting my first 1911, I will always have at least one in my collection. I'm a huge fan!!!

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have one myself. It is not my first 1911, my first experience was with a cheap compact Springfield made in some foreign country; i was not very impressed with it and quickly re-sold it.

I have had the sr1911 for a little while now and i love the gun, it is certainly a heck of a value in a gun, its a name you can trust and more importantly it is a 1911 you wont find yourself thinking you have to drop hundreds or thousands in upgrades to make it shootable.

The only thing i thing i would like for it to have had like all my other rugers already came stock with are adjustable sights. that said the standard sights that came on it are not off by much if any at all, and are already upgrades from what most other 1911 will have stock, and are praised by many as well.

Its a good gun, and i think you will come to enjoy it more and more as you own it.

i am keeping mine stock, its already a beautiful gun that is just as fun to shoot as it is to look at; so i will be keeping it forever and the way ruger made it.

I am young so my thoughts are of passing it down one day, and this is one gun i will be watching over my years with interest; for some reason i just seem to think being one of the first batches of 1911 ruger made, it will be a gun with potential collector interest in 40-60 years from now.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you picked a good one and IMHO will only go up in value pretty fast. Now the bad news, 1911's are like Lay's Potato Chips, you can't have just one. One more thing, guys around here are VERY picky about pictures and 1911 guys are the worst.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on being the newest 1911 addict! I have not had the opportunity to shoot the Ruger yet but hope to real soon. I am still a fan of Colt 1911's and have a couple that I carry regularly. I am sure the Ruger will be a fine pistol too !

Latest posts

Top Bottom