Just saw a 'little old lady' at Acedmy buying a Taurus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "little old ladies" and their husbands were always some of my favorite customers to help WAY back in the OKC "Jumbo" Sports days. Academy didn't start carrying hand guns until after I'd stopped working there and I can honestly say that I enjoyed only selling long guns. It's probably location dependent but good grief there were a lot of gangbangers and would-be thugs perusing the handguns day in and day out at Jumbo.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The tiny 81-year-old lady up the street from me has a S&W Model 19 that her husband left her. She uses it for HD and to dispatch possums that raid her hen house, and coyotes that press her cattle a bit too closely. I saw one of the latter once, laid out by the front gate awaiting burial on the back part of the property. It had a head shot wound.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My saintly mother carry's a sw md 36 chief spl and the PO's she works with has all kind of respect for her, she once out shot the det's at the Jeffco sheriffs office after that they didn't ask her to shoot with them anymore .

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "little old ladies" and their husbands were always some of my favorite customers to help WAY back in the OKC "Jumbo" Sports days. Academy didn't start carrying hand guns until after I'd stopped working there and I can honestly say that I enjoyed only selling long guns. It's probably location dependent but good grief there were a lot of gangbangers and would-be thugs perusing the handguns day in and day out at Jumbo.

I know there're alot of gun and car salespeople out there who have lost my business precisely because they make that kind of uninformed judgement about me when I'm shopping...

clarkbe9980

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold guns at the NW OKC Academy for a long time and I loved selling guns to older people. I miss that job. Selling guns is by far my favorite job I've had. My mom has a .38 just in case too. After a little time at the range she is pretty good with it too.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one off NW expressway? If so, that's the one I worked at until 2002. I loved it (for a retail gig) and enjoyed working there while going to school and didn't quit until I graduated and got commissioned by the USAF.

clarkbe9980

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one off NW expressway? If so, that's the one I worked at until 2002. I loved it (for a retail gig) and enjoyed working there while going to school and didn't quit until I graduated and got commissioned by the USAF.

Yeah. I worked from 2008-2011 while going to school. It was a fun college job but now I'm about to graduate and looking for a career.

Latest posts

Top Bottom